buying drink for kids!!!

elfinwood saws

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

police !, i have 2 young daughters 7/9, i'm dreading them getting to be teenagers, because of this type of thing. for me, booze - cigs - alcohol - computers, is a pretty bad mix, go to police, you may be saving a young girl from making a big mistake. sorry for getting too deep, but i hate this type of thing.

If he has a commercial contract then I believe you have to give him 6 months notice so best go down the route of a police prosecution to stop him trading.

You may loose 6 months rent but problem solved

I have to agree he's probably a scumbag but my kids tell me when they were younger and in a group they would wait outside offies and ask strangers to get them drinks- this is normal practice I understand. Eventually one will turn up and help them

its a criminal offense to buy under 18 alcohol....

It is also an offence to sell alcohol to a member of the public who is suspected of supplying it to minors

Purchase and Consumption of Alcohol by Children

A child under 18 commits an offence under section 149 if he buys, or attempts to buy alcohol, unless that act is committed in the course of him being used for a test purchase operation (Stone's 8-19829ZC).

A person who acts as an agent for a child under 18 by buying, or attempting to buy alcohol on behalf of the child also commits an offence, as does a person who acts as agent for a child under 18 and buys or attempts to buy alcohol for him for consumption on relevant premises.

However, this last offence does not apply if:

the person purchasing or attempting to purchase the alcohol is over 18

the child is 16 or 17

the alcohol is beer, wine or cider

the purchase is for consumption at a table meal

the child is accompanied by an adult.

A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction:

in the case of an offence committed by a child under 18, to a fine not exceeding level 3 (£1,000) on the standard scale.

In the case of an offence committed by a person acting as an agent for a child under 18, to a fine not exceeding level 5 (£5,000) on the standard scale.

A child also commits an offence under section 150 if he knowingly consumes alcohol on relevant premises, and a person to whom section 150(3) applies commits an offence if he knowingly allows the consumption of alcohol by a child under 18 on relevant premises.

A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction:

in the case of an offence committed by a child under 18, to a fine not exceeding level 3 (£1,000) on the standard scale.

In the case of an offence committed by a person who knowingly allows the consumption of alcohol on relevant premises, to a fine not exceeding level 5 (£5,000) on the standard scale.

Sorry it's a long one but this straight from the cps website

Licensing of Alcohol: Legal Guidance: The Crown Prosecution Service

Edited by Andy Collins