EON are scum bags

Dean Lofthouse

On a similar note, my Tv, broadband and phone are with Virgin. It started out at about £30 a month and ended up at £50!

I rang them to ask if I still tied in and could I reduce it, the chap on the phone said that I wasn't tied in but I couldn't change the rate."fine" I said, "I'm swapping as soon as I can". A line manager was summoned and gave him the same speel, loyal customer for five years etc. He knocked 20% of it immediately! It does pay to shop and swap.

I'm going to look at my energy bills next week too.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be the same for everything - use big juicy bits of bait to lure people in then gradually start to shaft them the longer time goes on....

.... there is no such thing as customer loyalty with these large corporations.

If there was an electrictalk forum do you think they would really be any different from us in their business techniques

Theres plenty on here who say charge what you can for tree works so thats the rate.

Just doing the devils advocate thing here fellas- don't have a go but I'm sure you get my point.

If there was an electrictalk forum do you think they would really be any different from us in their business techniques

Theres plenty on here who say charge what you can for tree works so thats the rate.

Just doing the devils advocate thing here fellas- don't have a go but I'm sure you get my point.

Spot on, they will be on electritalk saying "don't devalue the industry" with posts like " everyone wants a cheaper price" and " irate moaning customer hung up today" :lol:

True, but how many tree surgeons would go and undercut someone else's quote, then write in the finest print visible by microscope only, in ancient Keltish that: "that price only goes for the first ten saw-cuts and that chipping the brash, clearing the mess, finishing the job, not damaging the conservatory, fuel, oil etc are all optional extra's which will be charged for at the rate of £x squillion/second":thumbdown:

I see your point, all companies need to make a profit, but this lot are extracting the urine by making the rates etc so difficult that not even the dedicated comparison sites have a proper answer. I think I heard recently that if you wanted to read though all the tariffs etc you'd need a decade or more, by which time there'll be decades more "light reading material" waiting for you.:thumbdown:

True, but how many tree surgeons would go and undercut someone else's quote, then write in the finest print visible by microscope only, in ancient Keltish that: "that price only goes for the first ten saw-cuts and that chipping the brash, clearing the mess, finishing the job, not damaging the conservatory, fuel, oil etc are all optional extra's which will be charged for at the rate of £x squillion/second":thumbdown:

I see your point, all companies need to make a profit, but this lot are extracting the urine by making the rates etc so difficult that not even the dedicated comparison sites have a proper answer. I think I heard recently that if you wanted to read though all the tariffs etc you'd need a decade or more, by which time there'll be decades more "light reading material" waiting for you.:thumbdown:

The diff

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

The difference between them and us is that we operate in almost perfect competition...if we get "greedy" the market punishes us by losing work. By contrast the power co.s are an oligopoly. The last thing they want to do is compete on price as they dont have to...where are going to go if yoy leave them? Not very far!

the only way to make them compliant and competitive is to have a system with truly smart meters that switch supplier from second to second, only buying the cheapest units. All this contract nonsense, 6 to 12 months, is for the birds. Same goes for, banks, broadband, mobiles, landlines and water. They are all just gangsters in suits.

we are substrate for parasites, which is fine if we can take a pill to rid ourselves of the power parasites, but there is none bar growing and supplying our own fuels.

I gave up switching, cos it was a PITA

where can i buy an electricitree from? :001_tongue:

im dreading having to get my own place, i have no issue with moving out and finding somewhere, but its the companies you have to deal with that will make life a general PAIN!

where can i buy an electricitree from? :001_tongue:

im dreading having to get my own place, i have no issue with moving out and finding somewhere, but its the companies you have to deal with that will make life a general PAIN!

how about going a bit fred dibnah and using wood fueld steam power to turn an electric generator!