Bon Fire! Spruce Branches any good?

Mike Hill

I have a fellig job,13 Large Dirty Coastal Minging Sitka Spruce.There is no way of getting a chipper in there short of a Helo.I have agreed with the owner to burn the Branches and I am unsure as to how much will be left after I have torched the pile.

To anyone who has burned Spruce Brush,did it go well with the larger diameter stuff?

Any chance of felling them and burning them up a few weeks later? At our last house we had a big 6f inglenook fireplace. I decided rather than dragging the tree out through the house and shedding needles everywhere i'd delimb it with sacetuers and throw it in the fireplace. It was quite scary how much the dry branches flared up and burnt to nothing in a very short space of time lol

I have a fellig job,13 Large Dirty Coastal Minging Sitka Spruce.There is no way of getting a chipper in there short of a Helo.I have agreed with the owner to burn the Branches and I am unsure as to how much will be left after I have torched the pile.

To anyone who has burned Spruce Brush,did it go well with the larger diameter stuff?

Don't worry about what will be left - worry about what is downwind once it gets going!:thumbup:

Any chance of felling them and burning them up a few weeks later? At our last house we had a big 6f inglenook fireplace. I decided rather than dragging the tree out through the house and shedding needles everywhere i'd delimb it with sacetuers and throw it in the fireplace. It was quite scary how much the dry branches flared up and burnt to nothing in a very short space of time lol

I did that once too!

The neighbours three streets down thought dawn was breaking.

I would say there wouldnt be much left when you have a burn up.

It will burn a treat mate, expect a lot of smoke from the branches, but once you get it going, it will be awesome!!

Throw the ranches on all the same way, wooooommmmffffff!! Bellowing smoke, then crazy flames, and repeat a few times, then you will be left with a big donut, pull the branches out and throw them in the middle and continue.

I will dig out some pics from the other laptop of a clear fell I did last year mate