Loading 1m3 bags onto a trailer

northumbriaforestry

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bucket on your loader, process into a tump, scoop them up and into the trailer. What is the prize?

I think taking the ramp off is the simplest option. The logs are in bags so wont fall out and taking the ramp off will only take a minute.

The only way you can use that trailer is to buy a telehandler or similar.

If you maybe can manage to load the bags onto a 1100 x 900 pallet, placed so the pallet overhangs the loading ramp by maybe a foot to help access, once you have the full bag on it then put another pallet onto the fork truck and use it to push the loaded pallet further onto the trailer. If you cant do that then buy a telehandler or a tractor with loader or use a drop side trailer.

Now then getting them off. You MUST have a pump truck, these are vital and not that dear, get one that can handle 2 tonnes. Shove the truck about 3/4 the way under the pallet, go all the way and it will break the bottom of the pallet.

Place 2 thin strips (pallet wood etc) on top of the pump truck legs so that when you start pumping the pallet goes up immediately. Under the tailgate put 2 more smallish logs off the load, bottom of the tailgate wants to be about 2 inches clear of the ground.

Pump the pallet fully up and then roll it off the trailer, dont get in its way when it's starts to roll !!.

I dont know it this will work with a drop side and the loading ramps that are available as an extra, but it works fine with my IFW GD85 which is similar to yours and my IFW box van.

A