So are you dropping your fire wood prices?

timberbear

This is the question I was asked last night in the pub. It was simply put " Are you reducing the price of your firewood buy 5% now that the price of gas has dropped". I simply replied no, none of my equipment is gas powered, my haulier doesn't run his 26ton lorry on gas and the nearest gas main to us is five miles away! And as the landlord grinned at me, I asked him when the price of grain falls do we get cheaper beer!

There might be a reason to keep an eye on the price of gas, if the price drops dramatically our customers might revert back to gas. I'm lucky 99% of my customers are on oil!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the question I was asked last night in the pub. It was simply put " Are you reducing the price of your firewood buy 5% now that the price of gas has dropped". I simply replied no, none of my equipment is gas powered, my haulier doesn't run his 26ton lorry on gas and the nearest gas main to us is five miles away! And as the landlord grinned at me, I asked him when the price of grain falls do we get cheaper beer!

There might be a reason to keep an eye on the price of gas, if the price drops dramatically our customers might revert back to gas. I'm lucky 99% of my customers are on oil!

HI TIM ref going back to gas mate not if they paid £3/5000 for a stove and liner fitted the price of cord may come down :lol:then our price may come down but with the price of dev and red i can not see it coming down thanks jon :thumbup:

Your reply should have been that had you increased your prices by 15% as the gas supplier did you would have been happy to give a 5% reduction :sneaky2:

the price of corn has gone up, to get anal about it.

It's the middle of Jan and your on about dropping prices:confused1: There's a good while to go yet to have some nice winter weather. A fortnight of cold weather will have logs flying out of yards. My prices will only go 1 way, UP. I've had 3 new customers phone today the price wasn't an issue as they were all recommendations and they've had shite off the "have a go harrys" so learnt the hard way.

Thanks Phil

Nope, be proactive in the market and let your competitors be reactive.

People are fed up being held to ransom by the energy companies. The RGI scheme if and when in comes in for private dwellings will also help. There are a lot of knackered oil boilers waiting for govt funding to switch to wood.

What sells sells, what does not then sell it next year. At the end of teh day dropping prices to regular customers will mean they have stock so will not be buying next year.

A