where goes your dog sleep & why ???

predator

My dog sleeps on his sheepskin, wherever I put it. It's normally on the lounge floor. He would never try and sleep anywhere else, if you try and get him on the sofa he freaks out.

Mrs Rover's dog sleeps on an armchair or sofa, she used to sleep in the bed but I put an end to that when I moved in, she had a bad habit of trying to push you out at 3 am! (the dog, not Mrs Rover) She'll sneak in bed sometimes when I'm away, but never when the bed is empty.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our two labs and collie sleep downstairs on their beds either by the aga or under the table in the wellie room, never allowed upstairs unless the wife's being sneaky. They usually plastered and smelly so downstairs is the only place for them. We went camping once and the wife got woke up at 3am by the dog licking his bits right next her face, the shriek was hilarious!!!:thumbup:

Our two labs and collie sleep downstairs on their beds either by the aga or under the table in the wellie room, never allowed upstairs unless the wife's being sneaky. They usually plastered and smelly so downstairs is the only place for them. We went camping once and the wife got woke up at 3am by the dog licking his bits right next her face, the shriek was hilarious!!!:thumbup:

Yeah the poor dog gets the blame for everything!! :lol:

Sleeps in the warm wooden kennel outside but has been into the house so is aware of the place in case of issues.

When we took the puppies to training were told to never allow them onto seats/beds/sleeping on the landing due to future control.

Having read some of the comments I am sure we are doing the correct method.:laugh1::lol:

(no fleas/worms/bad breath and hound smells in the bedroom) :001_tongue:

Can't help notice that a lot of people here have dogs as guard dogs, is crime a real problem for some of you, I'm very lucky in that respect living where i do, I don't even take the keys out of the vehicles at night, or even lock the house doors hardly ever, only if we go on holiday.

Here in rural Portugal , crime is getting a big problem ....up until 2 years ago it was like 1950`s UK here, keys in door and car no problem. ...not now :thumbdown:

i am lucky though as my neighbour has two great big Serra de Estrela dogs...look them up on Google they are like bears !! (but amazing with kids )

steve

We've got a parsons terrier and a little brown terrier of some sort, don't know what he's crossed with. The parsons terrier (Sam) sleeps in front of the fire, two inches from it when it's roaring and near enough cooks herself! Sits there panting most of the time and gives you a really depressing look if the fire isn't lit!

Bud the other one has taken a liking to me, moved in with my dads girlfriend about 18 months ago, he's about 15 now and disappears if you bang a plate down too hard. Likes hiding under my bed and has been found numerous times under my duvet. Whether I'm there or not. Quite happy to sit near you and whine and chirp and make all sorts of daft noises if you ignore him!

Pair of them sleep wherever they fall over. But do have their own beds downstairs at night.

Mine sleeps on sofa downstairs. He is retired working "collie" as seen in my avatar. The spinone was my girlfriends dog which also slept on sofa but unfortunaly passed away a few weeks ago. We have a no dogs upstairs rule but the "collie" thinks there are two exceptions:

1. to raid the cat's food bowl

2. if there is thunder or fireworks to come and sleep under our bed as he hates them.

I would only allow dogs on the bed if you are happy for them to be allowed on the bed all the time as they only understand one rule for all the time.

Our dog kips in a cage in the dining room. He's had it since he was a pup and its his little space. He's not allowed upstairs at all, tries it on and sneaks up there. I told him off a few weeks ago when I found him upstairs and the little bugger got on my side of the bed when I was out and pee'd on it!!! :thumbdown:

Sure it wasn't one of the twins? :lol:

Jesus - there's a lot of soft dogs out there......:thumbdown:

Kitchen only - was in a cage (door open) but now at two it's on a bed with vet fleece on top. Never allowed upstairs, on sofas or chairs and never human food.

We changed its name to 'TFD' as despite its training regime all sentences seem to start with That F****** Dog has......

Our old labs take a sofa each and we always stoke up the stove before retiring. They have earned it and looked after us through their lives. If you don't like a smelly sofa, steer clear of my place. I care not what anyone thinks. We've always had working labs and as a kid I used to let one sleep on the bed. The only problem is they have a nasty habit of 'expanding' during the night so you wake up freezing with no covers while they are on their backs in the middle of the bed with their legs in the air. Like the opposite of a boa constrictor.

Dogs to me are like oxygen only a bit more important.