Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

Had minus 10 Tuesday night , bath water froze coming out the house blocking up every thing else .. I’ve resigned myself to sitting indoors and not doing anything but getting fires going after a positive covid test and feeling like I’ve been ran over yesterday , I guess pushing my self to do three weeks straight didn’t pay off  … every machine in the yard is frozen and the chipper has done it’s crank seals and I’m convinced keeping everything running for an hour a day has made the problem worse by condensation re freezing on engines and hydraulics… looks like Christmas has started early! 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Had minus 10 Tuesday night , bath water froze coming out the house blocking up every thing else .. I’ve resigned myself to sitting indoors and not doing anything but getting fires going after a positive covid test and feeling like I’ve been ran over yesterday , I guess pushing my self to do three weeks straight didn’t pay off  … every machine in the yard is frozen and the chipper has done it’s crank seals and I’m convinced keeping everything running for an hour a day has made the problem worse by condensation re freezing on engines and hydraulics… looks like Christmas has started early! 

Get well soon Matty .

22 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Get well soon Matty .

I’ll be fine mate, had worse hangovers tbh , it’s just frustrating when there’s so much to do and you have to resign yourself you’re better off doing nothing for a while, hopefully it warms up over next few days and I can sort out chipper for the new years onslaught …  mewp has frozen solid any way and I don’t fancy doing any spike work n dirty big half dead ash trees feeling like this! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MattyF said:

… every machine in the yard is frozen and the chipper has done it’s crank seals and I’m convinced keeping everything running for an hour a day has made the problem worse by condensation re freezing on engines and hydraulics… looks like Christmas has started early! 

It could be worse. One of the retired farmers we rent pasture from has a few classic tractors and he's been using easystart on them all, everyday, to keep them warm during this freeze. Lots of blue smoke!!! He says many wouldn't start this last summer without a squirt!

• Sad 1

Drove down from west coast of Scotland to North Wales last night to do some site visits today.  Enroute temps were -11 on Beattock and Shap, and -12 between Corwen and Bala with freezing fog just to add to the fun.  Woke up this morning to -14 and found the B&B central heating was not working!

Have had a superb day driving round my childhood haunts all over Snowdonia, with clear skies and temps getting as high as a positively balmy -3C but typically between -7 and -10C.  I have never seen Snowdon as clear as this in over 50 years of visiting.

1830696987_IMG_66831.thumb.JPG.e17c42d6517066fb686d480143afff1d.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, waterbuoy said:

Drove down from west coast of Scotland to North Wales last night to do some site visits today.  Enroute temps were -11 on Beattock and Shap, and -12 between Corwen and Bala with freezing fog just to add to the fun.  Woke up this morning to -14 and found the B&B central heating was not working!

Have had a superb day driving round my childhood haunts all over Snowdonia, with clear skies and temps getting as high as a positively balmy -3C but typically between -7 and -10C.  I have never seen Snowdon as clear as this in over 50 years of visiting.

1830696987_IMG_66831.thumb.JPG.e17c42d6517066fb686d480143afff1d.JPG

Absolutely stunning 😍

1 hour ago, Big J said:

Minus 14c here. Minus 10c the forecast high today, with minus 17c forecast for tonight. Could hit minus 20c though, as it seems the forecast is usually a few degrees warmer than reality.

Best get the beard cosy on for the bike ride today J.

2 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

Best get the beard cosy on for the bike ride today J.

It was tucked into a buff. Only did 24km today as it really was very cold. The Garmin head unit refused to work unless in my pocket and I had a spoke snap too! It got down to minus 15.8c before starting to rise again.

It was stunning though:

May be an image of snow, tree, sky, road, nature and twilight

Edited by Big J
  • Like 5