Was he right???

skyhuck

I'm with Treequip.

In the eyes of the law and the sue or be sued culture which has developed in this country, irrespective of whether the big guy was right MORALLY [which I have no doubt he was] his crime was greater than the little shyster who started this all off by being just plain vile.

I think the guard should share in the responsibility for allowing the situation to develop as it did - he doesn't seem like a feeble bumbling old gentleman to me in the video, he seems like a militant trade unionist type who doesn't care how the rules are followed, so long as they're followed and he doesn't have to get his hands dirty.

This is a comedy of errors and it will be the one bloke who tried to help out who will feel the 'full force' [right...] of the legal system.

I wouldn't have done what he did, partly because I couldn't but also because I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't get away with it.

I like to think I'd intervene as well, perhaps step up to the kid when the big guy got up and try to negotiate him off, rather than leaving the big guy to take all the responsibility for the situation, one which actually he had no obligation to get involved with and as such it's bloody unfair of everyone else, particularly the guard, to stand back and allow it to unfold as it did.

Honestly though, like most others I'd probably just sit there swearing under my breath remembering why I NEVER take the train and vowing to never do so again...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this morning at about 6.40am they were discussing Anti Social Behavour and the lack of action to sort it, it is a huge problem caused by scrotes being allowed to get away with it.

It is not a kangeroo court, the lad is being an anus in public, if he got parted with his bag that was his doing....no-one elses.

I got 9 months in jail for intervening in something I saw as grossly wrong and I would do it again today if need be.

Somebody who is not a police officer has no right to use force, reasonable or otherwise, in this situation. Force is only deemed as being reasonable when used in proportion to the threat. What was the threat here? That he would sit there until the Police nicked him? The fare dodger was just that; an irritating, cocky little gob-shite yes, but not a physical threat.

When i detained a gentleman for damaging my car, the police upon their arrival said, you do realise you could have used reasonable force to detain him, the reason they said this was because they knew that because I only saw him go around the other side of the car and didnt see him actually scratch the car, which he did, they knew I wouldnt get justice, and was there way of saying; imho, you should have shoe'd him pal, because hes going to walk scot free,and he did.

When i detained a gentleman for damaging my car, the police upon their arrival said, you do realise you could have used reasonable force to detain him, the reason they said this was because they knew that because I only saw him go around the other side of the car and didnt see him actually scratch the car, which he did, they knew I wouldnt get justice, and was there way of saying; imho, you should have shoe'd him pal, because hes going to walk scot free,and he did.

I wouldn't like to comment on the validity of what you were told by the police here or their motive for saying it. The point in this situation was that the fare-dodger was not going anywhere and so did not need detaining, quite the opposite in fact. Therefore, the use of force to remove him from the train was both totally illegal and utterly unnecessary. As has been stated by other posters, the train should have continued to the next station where he could have been removed in a controlled manner by the appropriate authority, not clumsily ejected by a vigilante. :001_smile: