Was he right???

skyhuck

Oh come on lets be honest now, the bloke was a coward, if the boy had of been as big as him he would of stayed in his seat and not said a word.....:laugh1: Big fat div imo.

To be fair we don't know that and he may well of offered if it had been someone bigger.

He didn't start shouting or making a meal of it he just threw him off. He was backing up the authorities. There was force used but not violence.

I can only say well done big man and if I see him I'll show him a valid ticket then buy him a pint!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week the mistress was on a late bus and at Buxton a man in his 20's boarded and the mature driver told him the ticket was incorrect and he proceeded to seat himself direct behind the driver and refuse to move and was abusive / loud mouthed / refusing to leave / threats at the driver. The driver called the police as he was in a town who attended. When the police arrived and removed him no one apart from her was willing to give a statement. (The people were all cowards :thumbdown: and the men and women who operate public transport deserve support from the public whilst doing a difficult work)

On Sunday I told some Gypsies who arrived in a Ford Transit with old metal on the back to stop walking on a neighbours drive to look around as building work going on and was given verbal abuse and told I was going to have trouble. Told them not scared of people like them and too clear off or I would remove them which they both did. (reported the details to the local police)

TOO LITTLE respect for fellow humans in the UK at present and if some of these scum are given rough treatment then tough luck. (need some more Clint Eastwoods) :thumbup::lol:

If I saw someone being mugged/a woman being attacked I would always step in and help.:001_rolleyes:

Your mistress? really.... does the wife know?

If it had been a small guy who had thrown him off would that have been OK Mick???

I really don't understand why you have such a problem with the fireman's size?????

Well yeah, at least it would of been fair it's just fatty largin' it that gets me. He'd never done it to someone his own size. I bet if someone threw a porkpie in the opposite direction fatty would've been on it and forgotten about the boy......:laugh1:

Don't understand the second question.....:confused1:

To be fair we don't know that and he may well of offered if it had been someone bigger.

He didn't start shouting or making a meal of it he just threw him off. He was backing up the authorities. There was force used but not violence.

I can only say well done big man and if I see him I'll show him a valid ticket then buy him a pint!

I agree with Rob...the guy got up very quietly..politely asked the conductor if he wanted the man removed without raising his voice, and then did so quietly, even apologising to the lady with kids on the way past.

Bottom line is, there was a train full of paying customers and this lad wasnt one of them...if people are allowed to just refuse to pay and let get away with it, why should anyone pay?

Good job done, who cares if he wouldnt have done the same to a big guy.

I heard this on the radio today.

The lad's dad came on and ranted [perhaps justificably] about what a good lad he was, but ended up sounding like a rough sort himself.

My opinion of it [if anyone cares!] is thus.

The lad may or may not have bought a ticket, got the wrong ticket, whatever. If he had half a brain, some manners, a bit of respect he would have said 'look, I'm sorry, I bought a ticket but I've been given the wrong one, I'm really sorry, I don't have enough for another ticket, could anyone help me out please?' And then taken their address and sent them the money later. All would have been well.

But he didn't, he argued an impossible case, and was rude with it.

The guard seemed to be a fairly obstinate old git. He could have said 'OK, I believe you but in the interests of being fair to everyone I need a ticket for you to be paid for, if anyone here will be kind enough to help you out we can all get moving'.

But he didn't, he picked an outcome and didn't seem to offer any alternative solutions.

The big bloke should have offered the fare first rather than jump in and do something which if everyone had the time to calm down and think it through properly, they would have seen to be perhaps a slightly over the top reaction.

Everyone else sat there and no one chipped in with a useful solution.

I'm not a big bloke, I don't get inolved with violence because 99 times out of a 100 I'd come off worse, but I'd always try to resolve something like this with smiles, it can be done and it's much quicker.

It seems to me that everyone involved handled the situation wrong, but now as a result of it rather than move on, the media and blame culture in this country are making this a whole big deal when really and truly, it should just be forgotten about.

All feels like a bit of a non story to me..... mistakes were made, learn from it, move on.

Will that happen...? 'Course not....

The big bloke should have offered the fare first rather than jump in and do something which if everyone had the time to calm down and think it through properly, they would have seen to be perhaps a slightly over the top reaction.

Everyone else sat there and no one chipped in with a useful solution.

I'm not a big bloke, I don't get inolved with violence because 99 times out of a 100 I'd come off worse, but I'd always try to resolve something like this with smiles, it can be done and it's much quicker.

It seems to me that everyone involved handled the situation wrong, but now as a result of it rather than move on, the media and blame culture in this country are making this a whole big deal when really and truly, it should just be forgotten about.

All feels like a bit of a non story to me..... mistakes were made, learn from it, move on.

Will that happen...? 'Course not....

Really???

So we can all start getting on trains without tickets and others will pay for us "just to keep things nice and calm"

Thats not the kind of world I want to live in.

Part of the reason this country is in such a mess is there are too many people riding the train without contributing. If they dont pay everyone has to pay more. There is alot more people that want chucking of the train fat or thin. The way society is what surprises me is he was not sat in first class.