should he stay or should he go.....(Clarkson)

Tom D

Your not far wrong lad the country is full of them. Let's be frank, start at 8am muck about till 9am leave the yard find some where to park, look at the job till 10am have tea. 11am do a bit 1pm have lunch 2pm do a bit more. Leave job at 3.45pm incase we get stuck in traffic return to base 4.30pm home at 5pm.

Where would you get apart from LA answer nowhere.

You seem to know alot about it! were you a council worker once? :lol::lol: I am going to draw a line under this thread, I joined Arbtalk to learn about Arboriculture not to argue the toss with high and mighty muppets like you.

Hopefully our paths wont cross again.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, this thread had quite a lot of what I would consider to be flaming, distracting from the original question of whether jeremy clarkson should go or not...

I'm sick of "all" local authority tree workers getting a bad name and being called lazy just because of a few of the older (and some of the newer) generation are!! We are not all the same and some of us do work very hard in horrible conditions!

So unless you've got something to say about jezza, keep your opinions to yourself or at least start a relevant thread

So in regards to the OP, I think he should stay... It was tongue in cheek and he's apologised

Fair enough it wasn't the most appropriate thing to joke about but some people need to lighten up!

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

And I was talking more about local authority workers in general. Road workers, the guys that plant the flowers never mention tree workers. Local authority tree workers where I live are bang on. So we try and stick to the facts. I agreed with a point and get abused for it, two wrongs don't make a right.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Agreed, this thread had quite a lot of what I would consider to be flaming, distracting from the original question of whether jeremy clarkson should go or not...

I'm sick of "all" local authority tree workers getting a bad name and being called lazy just because of a few of the older (and some of the newer) generation are!! We are not all the same and some of us do work very hard in horrible conditions!

So unless you've got something to say about jezza, keep your opinions to yourself or at least start a relevant thread

So in regards to the OP, I think he should stay... It was tongue in cheek and he's apologised

Fair enough it wasn't the most appropriate thing to joke about but some people need to lighten up!

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

I don't think there has been any "flaming", no one (until the last few posts) has aimed their comments at any individual, every one has been talking very generally and made it clear their are exceptions and good and bad in every walk of life.

As for the thread getting of topic, that what happens on a forum and often leads to the most interesting discussions. TBH IMO this thread is still pretty much on topic really.

If you don't like robust debate steer clear of threads like this and stick to the less emotive topics :001_smile:

I don't think there has been any "flaming", no one (until the last few posts) has aimed their comments at any individual, every one has been talking very generally and made it clear their are exceptions and good and bad in every walk of life.

As for the thread getting of topic, that what happens on a forum and often leads to the most interesting discussions. TBH IMO this thread is still pretty much on topic really.

If you don't like robust debate steer clear of threads like this and stick to the less emotive topics :001_smile:

I like a good debate as much as the next person and some of the posts in this one inparticular, from both sides, has been very informative and enlightening..

Just felt it was going too much off track and when people spoon or pigeon hole the rotten minority into or with the majority, i think IMO, and i am allowed one, that it is going to rile people and the thread will lose more than just its direction:001_smile:

So, back to jezza:biggrin:

It is an interesting thread.

To me it shows the obvious split not between public and private sector workers but the split between the self employed/business owners and public sector workers.

We have all heard both sides, "Well it must be great to run your own business and decide who you work for and when"...... "It must be great to have a secure income knowing you are getting paid £xxxx every week" etc, etc.

Although a self employed/business owner I certainly dont agree with the tory way of doing things and think they will truly be the downfall of this country and destroy a hell of a lot of good Labour have done.

Well unless you are the multi millionaires that the tories cater for.

The tories want to move everything into the private sector which is no good for the common working man, which I am.

As for Clarkson, stupid use of words, "Shoot them all" :001_rolleyes:

Although a self employed/business owner I certainly dont agree with the tory way of doing things and think they will truly be the downfall of this country and destroy a hell of a lot of good Labour have done.

Well unless you are the multi millionaires that the tories cater for.

The tories want to move everything into the private sector which is no good for the common working man, which I am.

Please explain more!!!!!

What is this "Labour good" of which you speak????:confused1:

I'm genuinely interested, I know they pumped billions into infrastructure, but it was money we did not have and they created a lot of jobs, but far to many of them were in the public sector, so they generate no revenue and we can't afford to pay them.

The way I see the Labour tern of office is as follows.

My house is not great, but its ok, I have 4 children 3 are employed but don't have great jobs, the forth is out of work.

I go away working for a few months. When I return I find my house has been rebuilt, its now twice as big and fabulous!!!!!

My children are now all employed, not only has the previously out of work one got a well paid job, but one of the others has quit their poorly paid job and now has a good one!!

I sit my wife down and ask her how this miracle has occurred.

Unfortunately in my absence the bank offered her a remortgage and she used the money to have the house remodelled. She also got sent a credit card through the post, so she decided to use it to employ our out of work child and give one of the poorly paid ones a better job.

She said its great because they now pay more board, which is helping with the mortgage:001_rolleyes:

Edited by skyhuck

You might have thought that public servants might say "Yes we are all in the **** together I will have to play my part"

But it dose seem that the public sector is acting more like a me me me drama Queen. How can they expect public support.

Private sector have lost most of their final salary pensions for many reasons not withstanding the fact that the government helped them selfs to fist full of wind fall tax.