Kick in teeth

NoRush

Yesterday my neighbours which i have helped in the past by showing him how to use a chainsaw proper at no cost and supplyed with logs and sticks decided to go to someone else who is twice as expesive as me. WHY do i stop being a nice guy and become a convicted drug dealer, double my prices and talk bull. Some people just do my head in

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Came home a couple of years ago to find a Transit on my drive with a guy topping my neighbours overgrown conifer hedge. Anyway this Irish guy tells me he's off in a minute so leave my truck and go inside. He leaves bits of brash half the hedge topped and a pile of brash against neighbour's garage.

Next morning neighbour tells me he's coming back to finish and that he never thought of asking me to do the job. He was paid the night before so that 'he could pay for tipping'. I told my neighbour he wouldn't see him again...he didn't:001_smile:

In the end we chipped up the remaining tops....no offer of payment made but made excuses when asked to do remaining hedge as 'it wouldn't take us long'! I also got fed up of his fence lying on its side so replaced it myself to keep my dog in. Not a single offer of a contribution to the cost just a 'nice fence' comment. I now detest the idle !$!*.

act like a doormat, be treated like a doormat!!

If you are known as a walk over who does things for nothing then this will continue to happen to you.

Thats your label

Contracts of the mind based on your own Morals are a waste of time.

You're right but when you think you're helping out a neighbour it's different as you think that one day they may help you out. Sadly not always the case.

act like a doormat, be treated like a doormat!!

If you are known as a walk over who does things for nothing then this will continue to happen to you.

Thats your label

Contracts of the mind based on your own Morals are a waste of time.

I,m still deadwooding my worst customers . Best free advice for a long time Mr Blair :thumbup: