Rope Wrench feedback

[quote name=

I appreciate how much wear the RW saves on my hitch cord' date=' but it's a bit of a moot point because it slightly increases the wear on my rope instead. That's a fact, not a dig at my new favourite piece of kit![/quote]

I do find that redirects can wear the rope pretty good especially in springy trees. Are you finding the Rope Wrench is wearing the rope? I was concerned about all the rope hairs it works up on the wrench until I sat up and watched someone's ring to ring as another climber worked the tree. It also brings off a suprising amount of fuzz. This has been one of the subjects that I am most interested in as to what are the effects of the rope wrench on rope wear over a long period.

I just noticed it bringing a small amount of fuzz off my PI, and figured if there is less wear on my hitch cord the extra friction required for descent must come from elsewhere, i.e. the wrench/rope interface. You don't get anything for nothing!

I can't see it being a problem, my hitch cord normally lasts for months on Ddrt, so the actual wear over tens of metres of rope using the RW must be pretty insignificant?

Kevin, I also think that rope wear will be negligable. I've been on an LJ for eight years and always notice some fuzz on a new rope or when I changed the clutch.

I got a new Poison Hivee rope just before my RW and noticed a similar amount of fuzz on the first few RW climbs.

I wonder that if rope wear does become an issue with the RW, the solution could be a rotating becket as designed by another Arbtalker (who's name I've forgotten).

In reality I foresee no problem as the load is spread between the RW and hitch cord.

I'm struggling to find out mate, it came with that supplied from Honey Brothers, so they would know.

I think it's called maxim tech cord, but I spoke to honey bros today and they dont stock it and I can't find anyone in the uk that does, I've just ordered some 5mm Beal accessory cord to try.