Rope Wrench feedback

So after spending too much of my life reading over 2100 posts, I've still got questions. Apologies if they're stupid.

I've got a brand new Gecko 45m rope. Can I use it with the RW? If I can, what's the downside, as everyone appears to be using thinner ropes.

I've a Petzl hand ascender and a croll knocking about, but the croll has aggressive looking teeth, so I'm a bit dubious about it attacking by nice new rope. Like I said they're probably stupid questions.

So after spending too much of my life reading over 2100 posts, I've still got questions. Apologies if they're stupid.

I've got a brand new Gecko 45m rope. Can I use it with the RW? If I can, what's the downside, as everyone appears to be using thinner ropes.

I've a Petzl hand ascender and a croll knocking about, but the croll has aggressive looking teeth, so I'm a bit dubious about it attacking by nice new rope. Like I said they're probably stupid questions.

I use my rw with my gecko and its fine no problems there, not as refined as thinner ropes but it works well. The teeth of your ascenders just fluff up your rope a bit which to be honest makes the line easier to grip

yeah works fine get adam bourne to make you a tether and it will be a dream.:thumbup:

What's the shortest tether people have used? I suppose if you're smaller, then you'll have to use a smaller one to be able to reach above it ok?

9 inch I have managed to get away with running on a 2 wrap knut but for a 4 wrap that most use a 10 inch is ideal.

There's no major issue with using a larger rope. I used 13mm New England when I climbed Ddrt, mainly because of the fatigue to my forearms caused by gripping small diameters all day. EDIT: and still did for a time on SRT with a Lockjack and RW.

The hand ascender and croll should be fine with the rope. I don't see much of a need to use the croll, unless you're going to create a rope rocket setup. The hand ascender on it's own should serve you well, and not pluck too badly as long as you're not one of those reckless gear abusers:sneaky2:

Is the tether a case of trial and error to get the length? I'm using a 85cm OP E2E, but I think that's going to be too long.

Work out your preffered hitch, then measure it's length once set and dressed. Order your tether marginally longer so there isn't any interference between the two