Rope Wrench feedback

Hi Luke. Ideally you dont want to tether yourself to a toothed ascender in case of a shock load situation. Not ideal when its above your climbing system if its enough to rip the cover on a rope. A webbing sling in a figure of 8 over your shoulders with a biner works well, or a small strap over a shoulder to the back of your harness, or a neck elastic. Its also then easier to just take your hand ascender and foot loop off the line and straight into a little chalk bag or something. Then you can do short ascents with the pantin and still have something to drag your wrench up the rope. My two cents :) climb safe, viva la SRTWP!!

• 5 months later...

Personal preference but I like a bigger carabiner like a petzl william to give it all a bit more space. Helps keep most of the load along the spine instead of loading up the whole top half of the biner

Ok so this is what I'm going to run after abit of experimenting, got a "shorty" 65cm hitch spliced up for me by top_rope on eBay, simple distal hitch, not climbed with it yet but feels real smooth, anyone else got experience with distal? Without this forum I was thinking today, so many of us wouldn't have a clue about all this haha

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk