Rope Wrench feedback

Went out in to the peaks for a bit of a climb today. Used a base anchor for the first time which made retrieval easy, but also made my line very bouncy. I'm on 13mm XTC PLUS at the moment. Getting one of the static lines would give it less bounce, would it also make it quicker? I found that when I was trying to jump to a branch say, three metres down and two meters across I was struggling to get there! What I'd like to achieve would be the difference between a drt setup over a nice smooth fork, to a drt setup in a pulley saver.

All in all though I started to get a bit more used to it and I'm looked forward to becoming well-versed with the system 😀

Been gettung use to the wrench of late dont get to climba as much as I would like . but spliced my self a a stiff tether prorto type with any luck ii get to try it out thiss week . Rilly hopeiny it will tend well as I climb on 13mm and have exspereanced a bit of snaging with the wrench when tending . What you guys think ? IMG-20130512-WA0002.jpg.ed337e8944fad10ba8bfe67b503d8512.jpg

IMG-20130512-WA0001.jpg.375dcd09cf210a267bb696274a83c333.jpg

IMG-20130512-WA0000.jpg.bba66a4c7b67c446c3a1e2b44c7fb559.jpg

Been gettung use to the wrench of late dont get to climba as much as I would like . but spliced my self a a stiff tether prorto type with any luck ii get to try it out thiss week . Rilly hopeiny it will tend well as I climb on 13mm and have exspereanced a bit of snaging with the wrench when tending . What you guys think ? [ATTACH]123727[/ATTACH][ATTACH]123728[/ATTACH][ATTACH]123729[/ATTACH]

Stick something just under the rw like a zip tie to stop it inverting.

Here is my new set up its a real short system and works a treat for me. 9 inch tether with 62cm e2e with a 2 wrap knut.

1368389248182.jpg.653f41efcff434344535faaea175e41b.jpg

1368389238829.jpg.fa58e31191556d1212ddc4297c2ca5be.jpg

1368389228806.jpg.536ff9de4af5a289948dce807151a4ff.jpg

Stick something just under the rw like a zip tie to stop it inverting.

Here is my new set up its a real short system and works a treat for me. 9 inch tether with 62cm e2e with a 2 wrap knut.

Nice tip I have added a bit more heat shrink to the tip to pervent the wrench but will have go with the zip tie it that fails your set up is nice an compact at 9 inch minestands at 11 inch just beacuse I wanted to acomadate knut vt on 13 to 11mm lines how do you find a 2 wrap knut holds up ?

Nice tip I have added a bit more heat shrink to the tip to pervent the wrench but will have go with the zip tie it that fails your set up is nice an compact at 9 inch minestands at 11 inch just beacuse I wanted to acomadate knut vt on 13 to 11mm lines how do you find a 2 wrap knut holds up ?

It grabs everytime and only takes a delicate touch to descend but I only weigh 9.5 stone:).

If you like the 13 mm try the vortex. It is a little bit tight in the 16 strand. I also believe that since the strands are so much bigger it gives way for friction. I have found the vortex to work well giving you a fatter line to swing and hang on to but with a smoother supple feel for descent. I also find sixteen strand to have just way to much stretch for srt climbing. The vortex is quite static. Very fun line.