Rope Wrench feedback

Looks cock on to me mate :thumbup1:

This is probably blindingly obvious to you but the way I check mine for length is when checking the hitch is set, push the pulley up the line so that the tether ascends the wrench then yank it back down to set the knot. If there's a reasonable gap, couple of inches is plenty for me, then it's right. If the wrench is touching the top of the hitch then it needs tweaking... If the wrench droops back into neutral a bit more heat shrink at the top of the tether does the trick for me.

Not really sure what you mean chap, the wrench never touches the hitch when advancing. Is that right? I've only had a little hang on it from a wooden rafter in the garden!

Not really sure what you mean chap, the wrench never touches the hitch when advancing. Is that right? I've only had a little hang on it from a wooden rafter in the garden!

Wrench shouldn't touch the hitch at all :thumbup1:

On one of the tethers I made it wasn't stiff enough at the top and when ascending, the wrench would pivot backwards towards neutral from where it connected to the tether, then when the knot set the wrench wasn't quite engaging and sat back very close to the top of the hitch, only by descending a couple of inches did everything settle into the right place.

A shorter hitch cord helped and I made a new tether about 2" longer which I made really fat up under the wrench so it couldn't easily pivot about the tether.

I just enjoy tinkering!

Yours doesn't seem to have any of those problems :thumbup:

I think i see what you mean now buddy, the wrench shouldn't drop much below 90 degrees to the tether when ascending? With mine, when you put you weight back on, the hitch fully bites just before the wrench is the the fully up position. It seems to work ok like that!? Will be having a proper go on it on Friday so will find out more then. Looking forward to meeting up with Adam to see what one working at its best is like!

I think i see what you mean now buddy, the wrench shouldn't drop much below 90 degrees to the tether when ascending? With mine, when you put you weight back on, the hitch fully bites just before the wrench is the the fully up position. It seems to work ok like that!? Will be having a proper go on it on Friday so will find out more then. Looking forward to meeting up with Adam to see what one working at its best is like!

Sounds spot on. :001_smile:

To be honest I've got into the mindset of neutral=bad but actually, when Kevin developed it with a soft tether it would have spent lots of time disengaged so I don't know what I worry for! So long as it shares the friction when descending then all is well with the world. :biggrin:

I thought we'd lost Adam to the bitch hiker now....? :001_huh::001_tongue:

Never Si

My one true love is and always will be the rope wrench mate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

Phew, 'cos if you'd have been taking what Alasdair's been on then we'd have been forced to have you put down..... :lol: