Rope Wrench feedback

Hey Worcwuss,

I have only used the Zk-1 this past year and I am glad you asked this question because I have experienced that clunky feeling as well! I played with different hitch cord brands, different lenghts, diameter, and types of splices even. Currently I use 10mm Beeline approximately 26" tied instead of spliced because I like that it grips better than spliced on a VT. IMO! Don't get me wrong I am still a just a novice just thought I would chime in! I climb on Samson Vortex now and love it with the RW! Very smooth but would love to own/try the ZK-2! Cheers!

Chime away! :thumbup:

I'm going to order up another pinto, a 90cm 8mm OP eye to eye and a couple more slings, a 30cm and a 50cm, see what I can come up with.... I think the OP will perform nicer on the edelrid static, although boa might be better as well.... Might try that too, have some lying around somewhere. Never tried a zk1 so can't comment, (nearly bought old mill's but he wanted too much for it:lol::lol:) but the 2 is very nice. Not sure how much I like the slik pin though.... Nice idea but unusable with gloves on. I only had the thinnest pfanner gloves on yesterday 'cos it was cold and couldn't get the pin out with them on.

Other than that, highly recommended :thumbup:

WorcsWuss. Don't waste your money on that best harness. I use a Lyon sling twisted to make a fig8 across my back and clip it together on my chest with a Stein tool biner.

It also means that I have another redirect strop should I suddenly need one, obviously with a proper biner though.

Yeah, but look how bondage it looks! I was thinking I could also use it on the cheerleader when she 'comes to live with me', not against her will obviously.... :thumbup1::lol::lol:

Nice idea though, I do have a sling I never use so will try this out.....

Still think I'll buy the harness though, it reminds me of Eva Mendes' lifejacket in Hitch.... Wow, that was a weird train of thought.....:001_huh:

it's all a waste of money for me really so why stop here...?! :001_rolleyes::lol::thumbup:

... Not sure how much I like the slik pin though.... Nice idea but unusable with gloves on. I only had the thinnest pfanner gloves on yesterday 'cos it was cold and couldn't get the pin out with them on...

I still see a lot of people taking the slick pin out on the ZK-2. A clever little pocket has been machined into the inside edge of the side plate on the 2 just so you do not have to remove the pin to get the rope in.

If you leave it in you will find it is easier to operate with gloves on, you will not have to worry about dropping it and you can still fit fat arb ropes through the opening.

Dave

I still see a lot of people taking the slick pin out on the ZK-2. A clever little pocket has been machined into the inside edge of the side plate on the 2 just so you do not have to remove the pin to get the rope in.

If you leave it in you will find it is easier to operate with gloves on, you will not have to worry about dropping it and you can still fit fat arb ropes through the opening.

Dave

I only take it out of 1 side plate, not out completely, even without locating the key into the groove I can roll my rope into the wrench. I found that depressing the key enough to slide the pin through the first plate is tricky with gloves on though... :001_smile:

How's that made tommy. 8mm long eye to eye doubled over then shrink wrapped?

I would have spliced it if I could be bothered to go outside!! Ha ha!! It's cord doubled over and stitched with twine then heat shrinked. Someone over in 'Murica put a picture thread up and I thought I would have a go.

I'll see if I can find link. I think Adam made one as well