precision falling maple spar

dadio

i dont see why on earth it is such "precision falling" we all fell trees everyday wether it be avoiding a greenhouse ,shed or mrs robinsons prize tulips and its important to avoid them regardless of the cost of them , but i wouldnt call every fell i do precision falling ?

In my opinion it was the RISK you took that makes the video look good not the fact your cut was spot on ,

exactly... nothing special about laying a tree where you want.. the question is do you have the confidence to trust your skill when there is risk involved.. That spar had 5-10 degrees of side lean to the house, so there was some adjustment to the gun, BUT the wood was sound and there was a little bit of wiggle room in the LZ... Any good faller should hit that 10 for 10... so why all the fuss!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly... nothing special about laying a tree where you want.. the question is do you have the confidence to trust your skill when there is risk involved.. That spar had 5-10 degrees of side lean to the house, so there was some adjustment to the gun, BUT the wood was sound and there was a little bit of wiggle room in the LZ... Any good faller should hit that 10 for 10... so why all the fuss!

im not making a fuss ? im just saying i didnt think it was all that special other than you done well not to take the house out , i dont believe that many of us on here are not confident or dont have the skills in our work BUT for the most of us that have say spent half a day rigging out an awkward tree would probably rather block down a stem to be on the safe side rather than ruin all that hard work taking a risk when it could be pretty much garanteed your not going to break anything . .. At the end of day it depends on like you say how confident you are with your skills or how much of a risk taker you are ! , besides all of the banter,you certainly do get some cracking trees over there to work on 1:thumbup1:

Daniel, just an observation, but could you not have laid a "mat" on the drive, then felled it from the floor giving it a pull with the skid steer?

I have a feeling you could have done it for the buzz though and all the dramatics that follow posting it on the forums:blushing:

I realise we only saw the shot from one angle, but I'm a great believer in assessing all options. In this case, IMO, there seemed to be a few options but you chose to do it via one of the more "risky" ones.

I liked that. The more I watch you videos the more it seems like you work this way because your trying to avoid working from rope.and harness. When can I see a video of you climbing and rigging a big tree?

Or even a large reduction from a rope and harness?

Its only sketchy if your skills are lacking, which apparently they are! Why not spend your time and energy improving your skills, rather than judging mine?

Awwwww Daniel i thought we had something special going :confused1:

I was not questioning your skills X i was mearly saying that the tree clearly was not a strait forward fell . i guess somethings have to come to an end

BTW what you wearing right now ?XXXXXX:001_smile: