MattyF

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on!

It has a different pot and piston, giving more power!

Quick opening fuel caps, which are ace no messing about with combie spanners!

They have in proved the chain brake mechanism!

And the carb problems are down to trying to reduce emissions, and mine have always been sorted on warranty in the first week from new.

I love my 200!! :001_tt1:

Just remembered, they changed the exhaust as the the old ones used to crack.

not saying they are bad,how can 95% of climbing arborists be wrong ! but ive had a few issues with stihl technical smart arses and i dont apreciate a 60 mile trip to my dealer to get things sorted on brand new machines...

doesnt matter these days, if u buy a new car garunteed its in the garage within the month, fair enuf there will b the odd exception but genrally its much the same.

i can c your point about the travelling but i would think you could claim from the company as its down to them to sort the problem so you have a claim for down time, travel and compensation of some kind, these companys wanna keep you sweet so you go back

As a MS200T user I was never convinced by the Husq 335 or 338, the major design faults are the fuel and oil tanks on the same side and the single hinge on the break, looks like they havent addressed these problems with this new saw.

...And the stupid little plastic peg behind the trigger which stops you using it on its side with your thumb on the throttle!

Not to mention, as its marketed as a saw for trained professionals for use in the tree, from the picture it appears to be fitted with ramped safety hobby chain!

Which is useless and IMO more risky on a topper.