Chainsaw beginner - can't get Husq going after refuel

ATC1983

Im glad this post came up, Im about to do my CS30 and thought it might be difficult to pass but this thread has put my mind to rest! No disrespect but if this guy can pass CS30 and not know the differance between bar oil and 2 stroke mix then the CS30 should be a breeze! lol!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats wrong with tesco petrol?

I've heard from a few firms that they've had problems with Tesco, Total and Morrisons petrol. Too much ethanol in it and it degrades carbs. I've certainly had fuel issues with chainsaws over the last couple of years (never used to be a problem!). I guess Aspen is the ideal solution?.

must admitt i once nearly made a simple mistake, been in arb since 2000, wasnt thinking, was just on autopilot as it where, the stihl combi can had the fuel nozzel broken and a new oil nozzel was on as a temp solution for the day and the oil nearly went the fuel tank and fuel in the oil tank on the saw... was just a simple nearly stupid mistake....

From the threads it seems like there is a lot of poor information being taught at colleges / training providers regarding basic chainsaw maintenance the CS30 and 2 stroke ratios. ... The trainers and examiners need to get there act together on this (must be costing the industry £££s in blown machines), I did CS30 in 2010 having been a user of 2 stroke machinery including chainsaws for some 25 years. The chaps that took us on the training and the assesment were quite clear regarding 2 stroke ratios - the answer for the CS30 - read the manufacturers instructions typically with the manufacturers own high performance 2 stroke oil is a ratio of 50:1, other 2 stroke oils may be a different ratio.

If you look in a husqvarna manual or any manual theres good information.

If in doubt read the instructions or ask, people are generally helpfull, most equipment manufacturers have a helpline and website. If you are not familiar with equipment and how it operates etc, don't dive in, take a moment, have a coup of tea and find out....Saves a lot of heartache, money, hassle and could save your skin....

HA-Ha have you seen my thread on too much fuel, the saw started ok no problems and all running fine today even if they are smoking a little more but no damage done.

If I were you and esspecially as your not cutting regular, but 5L of Aspen 2.

You dont need to mix oil with and and foolproof for a beginer. Put your saw oil to oil the bar, if your still not sure.

For gods sake buy in a lorry load of cut logs before you kill yourself, a small saw will kill you just the same as a big saw especially when your not sure so please take care & ware all the safety stuff. It may just save your life.

Now go and flush the tank out and get some Aspen2

I love the stuff,& run all my saws & blowers on it running a small company,it is expensive for sure,but works well in my opinion for a few good reasons,its here now,it is definately an improvement to the work environment,(thats a big one for me),I can lay up the 3120 & know she will sparkle when needed,& I dont end up buying chocolate etc when doing the routine pump stop in the morning...Ah bliss!:001_smile:

I thought your idea of a routine pump stop was a cheeky fart upon bending down to hitch up the timberwolf? :confused1::001_tt2: