vosa

markstuarttosdevine

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its ture in have been told by two people one is a tacho fitter and sales person that i have a tipple with down the pub and he said that every new 3.5t van or truck or what ever has to be fitted with a tacho and was told be a close friend that is a m.o.t inspector that 2013 is when tacho and operaters come in to plae for 3.5ton's and he aslo said any thing that gets towed say chipper or trailer will have to go trough its own m.o.t

getting beyond a joke struggle to earn money and idiots like vosa just make it even harder, they think they are so big pulling honest people trying to make a honest days living in there big shiny cars when really all they are doing is wasting tax payers money. the world has gone bad soon you will have to pay to go and earn money

Why is this a surprise?

Most people need record keeping when towing and plod are already tightening up on that neglected aspect so having a tacho in the van you buy will only make life easier.

It won’t mean you have to get a tacho for your existing vehicle so there isn’t really an issue

from december 4th, anything towing a trailer with a GTW over 3500kgs will require a tacho if its for "quote" hire or reward, there are still going to be exceptions, but these are few and far between. its going to affect a great many folk and there will be lots of **** to sort out, our "leaders" have decided to bring us into line with europe without asking, again, and done away with what was called the "small trailer exclusion" designed to help out the small buisness and one man operator, so once again weve been shafted by a non elected goverment.... go democracy!!!

I drive past a VOSA checkpoint on a regular basis and I get stopped a couple of times a year, if you are tidy and legal you are in and out like a dose of salts, the only people who have anything to worry about are those winging it.

They aren’t wasting tax payers money they are keeping arseholes with dodgy vehicles off the road

There will always be aholes on the road VOSA won't stop them.

And if everyone run 100% legal do you think VOSA would decrease? I think not.

You make it sound that VOSA are great guys who are saving us from the evil dodgy operator.

The fact is that if you operate lorries at a commercial level they make it harder and harder to stay within the law. With there employees who think that there policemen and over the top on the spot fines.

It's a joke am all for safe road but we have them, try driving in other European country's and you see the difference.

My best mate had an air leak on the trailer in Poole last week got stopped and was given 3 points and a £150, some of the fine was for not have a finishing date on a previous card.

Why not instruct the driver to driver to a repair centre which he had to do anyway. The answer, because they act like tax collectors.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Those you refer to with dodgy vehicles are of no fixed abode therefore futile to pursue as it costs a fortune to chase em. As for clean and tidy I know someone who is obsessed with running a tidy and legal outfit on an 8 wheeler HGV. He got told his rear number plate needed lowering an inch, flexing muscles of authority? Number plate was highly readable. At least next time they tell him to move it an inch the holes are ready predrilled.

Edited by Goaty
spelling

I drive past a VOSA checkpoint on a regular basis and I get stopped a couple of times a year, if you are tidy and legal you are in and out like a dose of salts, the only people who have anything to worry about are those winging it.

They aren’t wasting tax payers money they are keeping arseholes with dodgy vehicles off the road

about as close as it gets :thumbup1:

from december 4th, anything towing a trailer with a GTW over 3500kgs will require a tacho if its for "quote" hire or reward, there are still going to be exceptions,

You do know, that's the law already, and has been for many years?