Flu?

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a man is all well and good unitl you realise it's not flu but meningococcal disease. Same syptoms early on but by the time you realise that you have the latter it's often too late. Now I've looked at the worst case scenario :biggrin: if it's just a case of man flu nothing like a good dose of bed rest, fluids and good healthy food.

Since yesterday morning i've been feeling very very ill. I've been hot (temp this morning was 38.8C) but shaking, just about able to keep fluids and very light solids down. I felt very tired yesterday morning and even the slightest mention or smell of food and i was gagging. I've got through 10 pints of water today and 4 cups of lemsip. And yet havent been to the loo. Do these symptoms point to flu or another virus?

HI matt mate hope your better soon mate all the best jon :thumbup:

The test for flu is if you are laid in bed and the house catches fire if you run out you have a cold if you crawl on hands and knees you have flu. Prevention is better than cure . Healthy seasonal veg, sleep, and keep away from general public especially in offices. Keep away from shopping trolleys and door handles. If one of my kids gets a sniff I pop a zinc pill and possibly an ecinachure but no more than 2 a week. works for me :thumbup1:

The test for flu is if you are laid in bed and the house catches fire if you run out you have a cold if you crawl on hands and knees you have flu. Prevention is better than cure . Healthy seasonal veg, sleep, and keep away from general public especially in offices. Keep away from shopping trolleys and door handles. If one of my kids gets a sniff I pop a zinc pill and possibly an ecinachure but no more than 2 a week. works for me :thumbup1:

This is so true

Also if you've got flu and someone tells you theres a £50 note dropped in the street you just can't be bothered.

Most 'flu's' are just colds.

I've had flu once and it was just like this- also- You wouldn't be on arbtalk if you had flu- not a criticism but a fact:laugh1:

When you first start with flu you feel like you are dieing, then after a short time you hope you are, so it will end.

Sounds about right, had a bad bout two years ago, the temperature was so high, my eyes wouldnt stop watering - if I could, I would have taken them out and put them in cold water:lol:

The only time I felt right was in bed with the heated blanket on full tilt, probably not the best thing but every joint ached and a trip to the loo wore me out - this was no man flu:thumbdown: