I hate Leylandi trees.

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Ive always loved working with them, you can be sure there's plenty to get your teeth into when you get a conifer job. Just don't like the bit where you get scratched to buggery when you have to climb them. Bonk wood too but hey, when the bio mass industry picks they willl be even more of a money tree :)

I love them but only to do one thing to them I just love cutting them down as hate the site of them but live picking up the money when I have had them out

The other week I cut down masses in a a garden it was amazing 2 days later it was a different place the sun had never seen the house . After I had finished I was having tea and cake in there living room and the sun shone in and they were just so delighted .

That's the good part of the leylandi jobs

Littletree:thumbup:

I remember taking conifer out of a garden we cleared many years ago we took 152 conifer out access was good draged them out with MF35 but had to cut some in to 4 bit to pull them as they where 24 inchs across, it still left over 60 in the garden. It that love hate thing like marmite.

Get a bigger chipper and they ain't so bad. Felling over 40 big buggers on a golf course. Lots of chip (and golf balls)- filled the 6.5 ton iveco twice, the 8 ton grain trailer twice and the 130 today. It's our second day and were about 2/3rds through. Got to get rid of the timber next! Anyone want 15-20tons of leylandii wood..?

The wood burns really well iv'e found, but thoose big multi stemmed trunks don't split easy though ...

Never got why there so popular as opposed to say beech or hornbeam which can make alot classier looking hegdes & that don't suffer the ugly bald patches/ wind burn dead centres etc.

I suppose there growth shape means they can be hedge like without any trimming/maintenace.

Edited by face cord

Ha!

Just done one that I verbally quoted for after dark and yup, it was very much wider in places than I had thought with access issues due to the client not moving firewood stacks and garden waste.

Also the client and family were to clear up as part of the deal.

As the day wore on they sloped off and left it to us to do which was a time and therefore a COST IMPLICATION!

This is typical of your ex-pat to want to lower your quote by offering to clear up and then finding excuses not to.

The client had also left stacks of firewood and building+garden waste unmoved which slowed us further.

I challenged them at the end of the day and they are refusing to budge on paying extra which I shall take on the chin with professional good grace and learn not to let clients in on a job to save cash.

They have even moaned about the finish of the hedge which we did with a chainsaw even though we explained that hedge cutters don't do wood.

I may have them yet though.

After I had quoted for the hedge I also quoted for clearing the phone lines of a few Macro carpa branches, this I shall do.

I do however know that the official letter, in French from the council, which they showed me AFTER I had quoted talks not of lines at all but of clearing the route for high vehicles H.G.Vs and loaded tractors.

I shall clear the lines and if they want any more branches removed then they will have to pay for.

Yes, these hedges are good earners but are often larger than they look access issues and brambles too.

Still, another reason for a bigger chipper!

Ty