do you think it would work

Charleton Chips

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People ask on here for chip tip sites etc. Its good when working away from local areas to have a local tip site.

I think it would work, You would need tractor with forks at least to load, I don't imagine anyone considering it much of a service having to lift arisings high on to trailers manually. Another option though £££££s is a tow behind roll on off skip loader, you could leave skips on site whilst going to and from with a load. I think skip companies should do it as they already have waste licences and legal transport regs in place,

Risky to run on red. 20 years ago would of been a lot easier to set up/

It would work for me on jobs either with large chip volumes but especially waste timber. You'd need a grab for the timber and if the trailer was to be filled with brush the tree firm would need a large chipper on site to fill it fast otherwise you'd be sitting on site for hours.

Have you ever seen a 10" chipper blowing into a large trailer? I've done it with 3 men and a mountain of brush. Your problem Is that for domestic work, there isn't enough space to the front of most urban dwellings for enough brush to be stacked, so again, you'll be sitting for ages.

Finally, I can't see how you would make enough money out of it as most medium/small firms wouldn't have enough price on the job to cover yours.

Large firms doing large jobs could but most have their own gear.

Timber removal for free or a low fee would work if you can then sell it on to carvers, cabinet makers, firewood merchants etc.

It's a good idea that could probably work as a side line to your existing business.

Where are you?

I had a trailer built with 10 tonne crane to carry 10 tonnes of cord. Problem is very few arb jobs produce cord. I have had very little work for it in this line. I use the trailer to jump on cord when its the right price. There was a grain trailer on ebay with the front cut down and a crane on the front this may be better. Alot of arb jobs are in the back garden so 2ft buts get chogged down in 12" rings and trolleyed out to the front. I have been offered arb waste for £35 a tonne roadside which sadly I have declined in the past because I cant make a living out out of 3ft rings of horse chestnut when I can buy nice straight cord which goes through the processor 3 times faster.

I had a trailer built with 10 tonne crane to carry 10 tonnes of cord. Problem is very few arb jobs produce cord. I have had very little work for it in this line. I use the trailer to jump on cord when its the right price. There was a grain trailer on ebay with the front cut down and a crane on the front this may be better. Alot of arb jobs are in the back garden so 2ft buts get chogged down in 12" rings and trolleyed out to the front. I have been offered arb waste for £35 a tonne roadside which sadly I have declined in the past because I cant make a living out out of 3ft rings of horse chestnut when I can buy nice straight cord which goes through the processor 3 times faster.

what the heck planet are they one steve:confused1:

what the heck planet are they one steve:confused1:

I think timber is the new gold to some people mainly domestic customers who think the stuff cuts itself into nice 10" fully seasoned lumps while you are sleeping. Processors are free and never break, cherry is 10p a litre and you go to the food bank to feed your kids. Luckily its only 2% of the population and they are easy to spot big house 4x4 volvo in drive. :biggrin: