Ever had a chainsaw cut?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Ever had a chainsaw cut?

• Nope not ever.
    • Yes while on the ground.
    • Yes while in a tree/mewp.
    • Yes with a top handle saw.
    • Yes with a rear handle saw.

No, never with a saw - a few nicks with a Silky though! But when you are new to running your own business you take (probably unnecessary) risks when you under quote and find you've got too big a job on for the time/money you agreed and you race! There but for the grace of God...:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago due to rushing and not wearing chainsaw trousers I took two small nicks out of my left knee, when I'm hedgelaying I have a machete in a leather scabbard, was walking along with saw without brake on while saw was running down, caught scabbard and flicked it round in front of my leg and caught my knee, lesson learnt, took kerfs out of my thumbs a couple of times when sharpening when trying to pull chain round and snags, last month while hedgelaying rushing again, forgot to put visor down while cutting a small stump (1 inchish) span it up the bar and hit me right in the eyeball, heard/felt the pop and honestly thought had burst my eyeball by the pain, note to self, more haste, less speed :thumbup1:

Within 3 months of qualified up a tree, left hand on 200t, got a bit of kick back. Bounced off my bicep caught my neck.

Quick climb down from tree. Off to a&e 23 stitches later luckily missed all major bits. 10 years later still keeps me being careful.

No not ever to date , I try and keep two hand and eyes on the saw at all times , reading this post makes me not want to , I hope all of you that have been cut are ok.

I have been bit by a silky more than once.

Same here. Changing over from 100% chainsaw use to handsaw use in the tree those steel blades bit me way to often.

after reading all the post it makes you take a hard look and makes you be extra careful when using chainsaws. hedge cutters.strimmers. latter have to say without chainsaw trousers and full face visor and helmet the no of stones that have come back and hit legs or hat or visor glad i have had it all on without on torso will hurt head and face could do some damage. they all need the deepest respect and to be treated with care and maintained. a bad maintained saw with a dull blade worse than a sharp one. same for the other two.

I think if I saw pictures like these many moons ago, I would of stuck in at school!!

That hedge cutter 1 was horrendous! Caught my knee with 1 when I was 14 and my finger tip when I was 20, it was with old machines that wouldn't tick over, always had to be revving them to keep them running :thumbdown: