Cheaper alternative to Landy 110?

TreeNuts

Hi all what is it with these landrovers, people rant and rave about them from personal experience I find they rub the skin of 1 knee with handbrake no skin on your other due to drivers door, they just seem over priced to me and old fasioned compared to other motors and come on whats with all them rivets showing on the outside. From previous dealings I find the Jap motors are better all round and a hell of alot cheaper.

I agree with all that and felt just the same as you. BUT when you sit down and think long and hard about what you really need your work vehicle to do then landrover is one of the better ways to go imo. And I have had loads of shoguns there biggest fault is if the derv pump goes you need 2kto fix it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if u can find me a jap motor that tows 3.5t then i'd buy one, landrover have lost the plot when it comes to providing a work horse, but its the towing capacity which makes me drive one.:thumbup:

i currently own a landcruiser and it will p**s 3.5t. dont even know you have it on the back. My old fourtrak would pull 3.5t too

i currently own a landcruiser and it will p**s 3.5t. dont even know you have it on the back. My old fourtrak would pull 3.5t too

now landcruiser is a fair shout, fourtrak has one small problem as already pointed out, rot. Wife had one, yep pulled like a train but didn't feel like the most stable flying down the m'way, rotted like a dying cabbage. If they made them still with the 2.8tdi engine i'm buy one over a landy tdci heap!

Only landcruiser i've ever had owt to do with was one i tried to just replace a diff seal on, was the price of the parts. What cost £1200 on Landcruiser could have been done on landrover for about £250. So thats what has put me off IMO.

Simple and effective, something many modern machines aspire to, but few reach!!!!!:001_cool: