Late payments?

Heads up

Not quite sure what to do about my current situation. I'm a subby and its always been an unwritten rule that i'm payed on the day or at the end of the week. If theres an issuse with money and asked if i can wait then i generally will.

I'm just having real issues with the guy i do alot of my work with I'm reguarally being paid late, over the last few months every couple of weeks i'm having to wait longer due to cashflow probelms. This i can deal with but its the comments of "i haven't been paid so can't pay you, its just how it is" that are really starting to grate. I'm a chilled out guy when it comes to money but i'm getting in quite a mood over this.

Do i suck it up or have it out with him?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

start looking else wer for work then wen youv got some better contacts ,you can drop him,how many days awk do you do for him ,:001_smile: with work getting slower you may need a little chat with him ,like get half then the other half wen he gets paid ,he should realy pay up as if you weere on the books hed have to pay you end of the wk/mnth

You should not be expected to wait for your money, you are working for the tree Co owner, not the client.

If the tree Co owner can't finance the job he should not take it on.

I always pay staff at the end of the week and in 15 years of trading I have never asked lads to wait for their money.

I take on subbies, i make sure i have the money to pay them regardless of my cash flow issues and bad clients. Your not being unrealistic, just make sure he understands that you expect to be paid with in 1 week of the invoice date and have that set out!

On the flip side, when you buggers dont invoice for a whole month then land a 2.5k bill....... grrrrrrrr!!! lol

good luck.

you are nice and bite your tongue so he is taking advantage of you, simples:thumbdown:

unwritten rules, thats in your head, its not a contract.

Send him your bill up to date and tell him you wont do any more work until this is settled immediately and in the future its money upfront.

These are your terms, if he doesnt like it, you take him off your customer list:001_smile:

:mad1:

Not quite sure what to do about my current situation. I'm a subby and its always been an unwritten rule that i'm payed on the day or at the end of the week. If theres an issuse with money and asked if i can wait then i generally will.

I'm just having real issues with the guy i do alot of my work with I'm reguarally being paid late, over the last few months every couple of weeks i'm having to wait longer due to cashflow probelms. This i can deal with but its the comments of "i haven't been paid so can't pay you, its just how it is" that are really starting to grate. I'm a chilled out guy when it comes to money but i'm getting in quite a mood over this.

Do i suck it up or have it out with him?

Agree your term and conditions prior to work starts and stick to them. You need cash flow as well! :mad1:

If they are worth working for they will sort it out.:biggrin: