What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Been working on a 254XPG today, dirty but working state, in for a refurb and porting. I have widened the exhaust port by a fair bit, the inlet less so, heavily modded the uppers and just reprofiled the lowers, don't want to hog them out too much otherwise I will lose transfer velocity adn with it a fair bit of torque.

Rumour has it that the 254XP out performed the 266XP when Husqvarna designed it so they sleeved the air filter down to restrict it a little....so I reamed it out a little:thumbup:

Nice job, looking forward to trying it:thumbup:

597665d8283ad_afterimage.jpg.9e8331d726d787764adb11789394724b.jpg

597665d826066_Beforeimage.jpg.9adcc62762f00c99931fa57ad2bb318f.jpg

DSCF0988.jpg.0944f9424f2e0f6230b1041466b202d1.jpg

DSCF0987.jpg.90bdae054a5f15de3cedc726dbb0a216.jpg

Im bored as ive caught up not having been working.

Thought I may buy the odd one and repair etc but people are just nuts on ebay and paying daft prices at the mo for broken saws not knowing if its a simple issue or straight gassed and needing a new topend etc...

Im not entering into the "got my fingers burnt on that 1" brigade.

Im bored as ive caught up not having been working.

Thought I may buy the odd one and repair etc but people are just nuts on ebay and paying daft prices at the mo for broken saws not knowing if its a simple issue or straight gassed and needing a new topend etc...

Im not entering into the "got my fingers burnt on that 1" brigade.

Treat every spares or repairs as needing a top end and then your never dissapointed. Ive also got no repair work booked in so been helping a mate out whose lad is on holiday, been knocking 6 foot high brambles down all day and will be doing the same for the next 4 days. Give me a bench and a T27 any day.

54.jpg.71d7bb1ce95664e6018218fe32077bbc.jpg

My 357 xp's on the bench again today, got it going last week after it being sat along while as it just refused to go, used it two days last week ran spot on plenty power etc, used it to cut some firewood other day and ran up stinking hot and cut out now cant get it going again, got fuel and spark and compression seems ok (not got compression tester though) but is just refusing to start :confused1:

My 357 xp's on the bench again today, got it going last week after it being sat along while as it just refused to go, used it two days last week ran spot on plenty power etc, used it to cut some firewood other day and ran up stinking hot and cut out now cant get it going again, got fuel and spark and compression seems ok (not got compression tester though) but is just refusing to start :confused1:

I had this the other day with an old 024... hadnt been used in ages... started ran for a tank. Nice and hot. Wouldnt start after.... strange...

Gauze in carb was blocked gunked up. Why did it start first time round though :confused1: