What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I get quite a few in. They are not normally any trouble, but I always start them outside and well away from the door.

I used to be a diesel mechanic, but now the stink of diesel fumes nauseates me.

Try being on our lifeboat when it starts up in the cold and you get it blown your way, or out on he water and the wind is just in the right direction....

Optimised engine performance my arse....:lol:

Yeah right.....

Today we burnt 1000 litres on the job. So come on then brain boffins how much wold that be on a A stuff.... Don't think there would be a lifeboat for long...:lol::lol:

£3540

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Got an ms210 in today - non runner.

Plug has started to melt the electrode through being so lean. Compression tested at 150 tho but pulled the muffler just to have a peak and all hunky dory. Covered in sawdust (literally it was dust not chip...) so gave it a bloody good strip and clean before I done anything else and checked the obvious as I went like fuel line and impulse, inlet boot etc, set coil gap after removing the endless dust in there and gave the carb a clean. Smelt the fuel and "smelt" pretty stale so replaced it and stuck a new plug in.

Stuck it back together to start the fault finding and started on the 3rd pull! Just had to just richen up the mix somewhat and seems to be fine now.

If only every saw was as simple..

Bet the non running 024 that's turning up tomoz wont be so simple.. All the 024/026 range of saws I get always seem to have a soft/dissolving fuel line, split inlet boot and a mucky carb.

Yeah right.....

Today we burnt 1000 litres on the job. So come on then brain boffins how much wold that be on a A stuff.... Don't think there would be a lifeboat for long...:lol::lol:

1000 litres would heat my house for half the winter, thereby saving the lives of all the residents:biggrin:

And our last fuel bill to fill up the 10,000 litre tank at station was around 6k....

Think we will stick to the cherryade...:lol::lol::lol:

So you burned £600! I hope it was a really gorgeous woman you rescued to warrant that much of a cash spend!

So you burned £600! I hope it was a really gorgeous woman you rescued to warrant that much of a cash spend!

If it was we would have taken a lot longer to hook up the tow...that's for sure. Plus we all be fighting as to who wanted to go on board the casualty vessel to hook it up.....:laugh1::lol:

Probably just under the 600 mark. As its not quite 1.60per litre. Hey we don't have to justify being sent, that's the coastguard s job.:thumbup1: