What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Bear with me - have a feeling my gs/dr 125 manual covers the GZ too :thumbup1:

EDIT: Cyl head cover bolts 7ft/lb

head nut 8mm - 19.5 ft/lb

head nut 6mm - 7 ft/lb

barrel retaining nuts 6mm - 7 ft/lb

Timing marks, one on flywheel under threaded plug next to barrel and the cam timing marks are on the end of the cam - a thin line, put it in line with the top of the casting the cam sits in and have the sprocket locating pin to the top (hope that makes sense).

That's perfect Chris, I can put it back together when I get the gaskets now. It should be Wednesday so she can be back on the road for the weekend. :thumbup1:

That's perfect Chris, I can put it back together when I get the gaskets now. It should be Wednesday so she can be back on the road for the weekend. :thumbup1:

No prob :001_smile:

Did you go for a second hand cylinder or try one of the non genuine ones?

I've head the non gen ones aren't bad; still debating one of the 150 kits for my DR when I do the top end shortly.

Hmm, got a stihl woodboss 24 av to look at from someone I work for. It has spark and compression. But took plug out and it looks as though no fuel is getting through. Perished fuel line? Carburettor? Any ideas chaps?

Check the fuel line first. I had an 026 that had literally melted due to its age. There are 2 different fuel lines for the 24/240. Both interchangeable with each other but I get the later one as its longer so easier to get the filter on :sneaky2:

Check the above first.

Secondly the carb boot can be troublesome and split on 024/026's. Easiest to remove carb and drop the handle off to inspect properly, its a bit fiddly but not difficult, whilst doing that check the impulse line basically as it makes sense at that point to quickly inspect its condition.

Obviously with the carb off at this stage is pays to open it up and give it a clean.

Hmm, got a stihl woodboss 24 av to look at from someone I work for. It has spark and compression. But took plug out and it looks as though no fuel is getting through. Perished fuel line? Carburettor? Any ideas chaps?

Try the metering arm - bend it upwards 0.5mm and try again:thumbup:

I started selling Eliet machines about 6 months ago as I had been very dissapointed with all the other so called chipper shredders on the market at around £1000. They simply do not work. Branches have to be trimmed of all side sticks to get them through the chipper part, and the brash which goes through the top and into the shredding flails, should not be any more than 13mm dia or it will pull the machine apart in time.

I have tried every one I sold and have given up in favour of a big pile, a gallon of petrol and a match.

Sure, the Eliet Minor is double the price, but it works. I knew it would, but wanted to prove it to myself. Yesterday I coppiced some 2yr old willow as well as pruning forsythia etc.

Some of the willow was near 50mm at the base and 4m long. The minor tackled it with ease. I fed one at a time with the larger stuff, but around 6 or 8 at a time with the 25mm dia stuff. A whole armful of forsythia was a doddle.

I also cut some branches from a leylandii which is shortly to come down. These were about 50mm and curved (like they are) with plenty of greenery. They went through no problem with no further trimming.

Its strength is that its a shredder, rather than a chipper so takes everything through one parallel entry chute. Stones and nails to not cause it any serious damage.

You must never compare it with a Timberwolf, its not in the same league. But it is a very capable machine for a gardener.

[ATTACH]154084[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]154085[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the reply its nice to know they work well. Quite a few of the jobs in small gardens my Son does, the branches/clippings have to hauled to the Tw so the Eliet may work by getting right up to the action for small stuff where the waste can be left on site.

My old mans 200t's off switch has stopped working, the choke half choke and ignition still work fine, but to turn it off he had to choke it (and it does this every time I've tested it 5 times). How simple is this to fix? Or if I start taking it apart will a million springs ping out and be distributed across the workshop floor?

My old mans 200t's off switch has stopped working, the choke half choke and ignition still work fine, but to turn it off he had to choke it (and it does this every time I've tested it 5 times). How simple is this to fix? Or if I start taking it apart will a million springs ping out and be distributed across the workshop floor?

could be the little wire that runs from the off switch...

im sure someone will explain it better