What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I got this in about a month ago to use for finishing work on some furniture I have been making. I was growing tired of nearly killing myself using a ported MS361 for the smaller stuff. She cleaned up easily, and shows very low miles. I followed a thread in AS that complained about his not having much compression. So I was quite impressed when I first tried to pull her over and she was fighting me back. I put the gauges to her and she pulled 195 and 202 psi on the Mercury outboard and the Proto gauge. Since I only need her for a bit of mid range torque for finishing and some carving, I decided to simply muffler mod her for some better throttle response and not port her.

155186543.Q7egHsEd.jpg

Very strange baffle design. he bottom of the muffler has a bolted flange. The insides had two baffles, which I removed, and what looked like bolt holes for an additional baffle. A bit louder now, but not disagreeably so. Oddly, the exhaust gasket was very thick plastic with much of it impinging on the port itself. With a rotary tool, I opened the exhaust port at least 8-10% by simply blending the gasket, which was very thick easily reusable.

155186542.q5PNocHs.jpg

SHe's in lovely condition:

155186544.Dt8D0UB7.jpg

155186545.ArrqxZtI.jpg

Does any one know if these clutch cover nuts are stock? They seem godaweful small.

I am hoping Barrie will get that fed up with me, he may send me one:blushing::lol:

Seriously, you need one. They push onto the screw and stay there, even when the saw is jumping around on the bench. Makes tuning so much easier.

Just be careful pulling the starter string thing when the screwdriver is poking out the side.

Don't know why you lot are so tight:biggrin:

Seriously, you need one. They push onto the screw and stay there, even when the saw is jumping around on the bench. Makes tuning so much easier.

Just be careful pulling the starter string thing when the screwdriver is poking out the side.

Don't know why you lot are so tight:biggrin:

It comes from years of practice - ask the wife:lol:

Speak for yourself, since joining here I have spent a small fortune on new gear I managed just fine before

Two transfer boxes on the bench so to speak the chain was jumping so replaced it from the other, works perfectly, just stank of high load gear oil for the day why they can't make it not smell like that I have no idea

Aahh! The smell of EP gear oil.

Since leaving the macho world ag engineering in favour of the sissy world of garden machinery I find that there are 5 smells I certainly do not miss.

EP gear oil.

Diesel fumes.

Silage effluent.

Pigs

All forms of stuff that animals produce as waste.

Now the only smell that really gets up my nose is pump petrol, especially that really old, thick, stuff.

Invest in all 4 of these, you will never regret it.

[ATTACH]153531[/ATTACH]

Oh no, I need four of them now - thats £40:sneaky2: I need to put my prices up:001_rolleyes::lol:

Have you got a nice holder for yours Barrie - a nice oiled piece of timber with four holes in it or a more utilitarian type - a steel bracket on the wall:001_rolleyes::lol:

To add to your bad smells - the smell of a fuel tank where the fuel line has been rotted by old fuel - that smells bad.

Had an egg once in my kitchen, strange smell - notied it was sweating on the outside:confused1: smashed it outside and had to go back three times to smell it as it smelt that bad:001_tongue::lol:

A pack of dry wall screws are about £35 less...I'm sure you already have needle nose pliers.

Oh no, I need four of them now - thats £40:sneaky2: I need to put my prices up:001_rolleyes::lol:

Have you got a nice holder for yours Barrie - a nice oiled piece of timber with four holes in it or a more utilitarian type - a steel bracket on the wall:001_rolleyes::lol:

To add to your bad smells - the smell of a fuel tank where the fuel line has been rotted by old fuel - that smells bad.

Had an egg once in my kitchen, strange smell - notied it was sweating on the outside:confused1: smashed it outside and had to go back three times to smell it as it smelt that bad:001_tongue::lol:

Came up looking good. I've got two to do for my shindaiwa 577. These saws do not have the same tolerance for even slightly lean mix that husqvarners and stihls have. There's a third pot around here somewhere but its beyond hope with gouging caused by the gudgeon shaft circlip failing to stay put.

Haha Barry, I know where your coming from.

At times I used to work on the "hide and skin" and animal incineration lorries. That smell impregnates everywhere even just working on the the electrical wiring! You could use a tub of swarfega and still smell it on your hands..

That smell just seems to loom and linger even after the lorrys had long gone.