anyone having problems with the new 560xp

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Mine cuts out under load, so has gone back. MS361 kicks its ass.

As an update - mine was one of the first into the UK and was faulty, so I sent it back. It took a month, but the dealer sent it back to Husky and when I finally got it back (about 2 weeks ago) it appears to be fixed.

It has since done a fair bit of work and so far appears to work well. For some reason it came back with a 15inch bar (it had a 18 when I bought it...).

I'm still not 100% convinced about it - we'll see how it continues to perform!

As an update - mine was one of the first into the UK and was faulty, so I sent it back. It took a month, but the dealer sent it back to Husky and when I finally got it back (about 2 weeks ago) it appears to be fixed.

It has since done a fair bit of work and so far appears to work well. For some reason it came back with a 15inch bar (it had a 18 when I bought it...).

I'm still not 100% convinced about it - we'll see how it continues to perform!

hope you got some cash back for the loss of 3" and a months work!:thumbdown:

hope you got some cash back for the loss of 3" and a months work!:thumbdown:

Nope... They've got me an 2nd hand 18 inch bar and I get to keep the 15 inch apparently. It's kind of like all my Christmases have come at once!!!! I'm willing the saw to break again to be honest, I'll have my money back next time I reckon (the only problem is what else is there out there that is available brand new and is actually any good?).

Hi . I was looking to replace my 357 with the new 560. I liked the fact that it was smaller and better balanced (or so it felt to me when I picked up one in the shop ) My dealer had a demo saw which was due back the next day. I went to try it and he told me all of his stock, and the demo saw had been recalled. Many people have said it dies when made to work hard in big wood. Imagine felling a big beech or whatever and it stopping as you are walking the back cut round . It is great shame but its clearly not ready . My dealer thinks it has problems with the porting . The husky rep went very quiet when he suggested that this my be the problem . Any one heard the same ? Stubby.:001_huh:

I was speaking to a very embarrassed Husky rep at C.R.Willcocks tonight - seems to be a combination of two problems 1.The recommended electrode gap doesn't suit the spark plug.(too large) 2.A faulty batch of pistons machined to the wrong profile and dimensions.:001_rolleyes:

Any other ideas - I was speaking to a Husq dealer today as I handed in a seized 346 for diagnosis.

I have priced a 560 from them but mentioned this thread and I am assured that the problem is due to a faulty autotune system!

Looks like there is more than one theory around.

Cheers

mac