Have you ever met a terrorist

eggsarascal

In the 80's "the allies" fought with a group of people called the Mujahedeen in the afghan civil war to boot the Soviets out. The same people are now fighting us. So what are they?

Freedom is always worth fighting for, but one must never forget morality in war. I am not a pacifist, yet, but violence should be used carefully for political and moral objectives.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the 80's "the allies" fought with a group of people called the Mujahedeen in the afghan civil war to boot the Soviets out. The same people are now fighting us. So what are they?

Freedom is always worth fighting for, but one must never forget morality in war. I am not a pacifist, yet, but violence should be used carefully for political and moral objectives.

I think I'm correct in saying that the Mujahedeen aren't actually fighting against the allied troops as such. I think that various tribes have split into factions, some of which fight with or harbour the Taliban, some fight or side with the Allies and some just don't care. It's all a little more complicated than simply saying that the Mujahadeen are fighting against "us".

Sometimes I wonder if there's any point in pile driving into some of these countries and trying to change an ingrained mind set. Terrorism is a whole different beast to your stereotypical warfare.

Just watched the doco film "if a tree a falls"- about the ELF (earth liberation front) members who burnt down buildings that were associated with companies destroying/raping the earth. Over years and years they torched a number of prominent buildings but made sure to never physically hurt any life-they were locked up by the US government not as arsonists but terrorists for many years. A very thought provoking film, id recommend to everyone.

Yes I have... Reps from PIRA and UVF on a youth exchange. They were both convicted to murder and sentenced to many years in prison. Their stories was near identical.... so a coin got two sides springs to mind...

Freedomfighters or not, acts of war or terrorism hurts a lot of bystanders and innocent people that does not want to be a part of the violence.

This summer I had the opportunity to listen to the former Vice President of America, Rev. Jesse Jacksson, and he said some very strong and soultouching things. One quote that springs to mind is

"We tried war....and it failed...., peace NOW.

Two of the Nine High Jacker's from 911 lived 2 miles from my office in Venice, FL. USA. They kept a low profile and learned to fly from a local flying service in the same town. One of my dealers was questioned by the FBI since he remembered them visiting his shop before the attack. Since they were living in town for some time it was entirely possible that I could have met them in public?. They were trained killers on a path of destruction ready willing and able to do what they did. IMO they were not "Freedom Fighters". They were Terrorist plain and simple. What they accomplished in the short term only will in time lead to their over all demise. God Bless America and all of it's allies willing to defend and protect it's land and it people from this pox upon the free world.

elg

I would hate to live that close to members of the illuminati.....I would rather have asian terrorists as my close neighbours:sneaky2:

As far as your last sentence is concerned, I am sorry but i find that the biggest terrorist in the world, responsible for the biggest number of innocent deaths and acts of violence is the USA and its allies.:thumbdown:

I'm asking the question as i've been speaking to a lad in the pub tonight who's working/living over here, that told me that he was "signed up" by the "UDF" In Northern Ireland when he was a boy of fifteen, it shocked me to the core what this lad was telling me, just wonder who you had met and what they had to say.

You met a clown that wants to talk **** about stuff he would have liked to have done.

It's the one's that don't talk about what they have done and you know nothing about that should concern you.

You met a clown that wants to talk **** about stuff he would have liked to have done.

It's the one's that don't talk about what they have done and you know nothing about that should concern you.

So anyone I meet with an Irish accent who won't say anything about being involved in terrorist activities is almost certainly an ex IRA member?

Xerxses, FYI I believe you ment to say Jesse Jackson. Just to note The likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are know as Poverty Pimps here in America. Collectively they have done more to continue to destroy race relations here in the USA than the KKK ever could. Just to let you also know Jesse Jackson was never VP of the USA. You may have been mistaken about that but if he was introduced as such it can be chalked up as another lie of many told by this despicable ruthless person.

elg