Have you ever met a terrorist

eggsarascal

So anyone I meet with an Irish accent who won't say anything about being involved in terrorist activities is almost certainly an ex IRA member?

Did i say the the IRA?

This has to be the worst thread i have read on arbtalk and i can see where it is going.

Anyone with a Northern Irish or be it Irish accent tells someone in England that they where involved in terrorism and that person listens to it.

I have lived in this this country for over 10 years and for the benefit of the ignorant, it's not people like that who would concern me. As they would be classed as mouths, Northern Ireland doesn't have a monopoly on them England has these clowns to.

People involved in either side of the conflict don't sit and chat to people about it. End of story

Edited by Steve Bullman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We look back at what we did 200 years ago with disgust. I wonder how people 200 years from now will look back at us.

Anyway, i wasnt going to reply to this thread as i think its stupid :001_huh:

Never seen this post before my last reply, but i agree with on it being stupid.

Guys, don't fall into that 'Us Brits are all war-criminals' trap. The British and the Empire did wonderful things for the world, some of our actions were a bit unsavoury to modern minds, but you have to put them into the context of the times. Other Colonial powers were MUCH worse that us and did little to develop the countries they managed.

We should be proud of what our country achieved in the past. All this self-beating is just whining, bleeding heart nonsense. We were called GREAT Britain for a reason :thumbup1: Be proud of what our ancestors achieved ..dont apologise for it!

(but..... don't get me started on the (great) Britain of today! :thumbdown:

Guys, don't fall into that 'Us Brits are all war-criminals' trap. The British and the Empire did wonderful things for the world, some of our actions were a bit unsavoury to modern minds, but you have to put them into the context of the times. Other Colonial powers were MUCH worse that us and did little to develop the countries they managed.

We should be proud of what our country achieved in the past. All this self-beating is just whining, bleeding heart nonsense. We were called GREAT Britain for a reason :thumbup1: Be proud of what our ancestors achieved ..dont apologise for it!

If it wasn't for the Empire building of the Brittish,I wouldn't have been born a New Zealander.I'm all in favour of a bit more Empire building to be honest.I actually have a Tweed Suit,Pith Helmet,Stout Boots and a Rifle.

I even practice.See...

011-2.jpg.0271cf69820a593598c039e3f1134353.jpg

I think I'm correct in saying that the Mujahedeen aren't actually fighting against the allied troops as such. I think that various tribes have split into factions, some of which fight with or harbour the Taliban, some fight or side with the Allies and some just don't care. It's all a little more complicated than simply saying that the Mujahadeen are fighting against "us".

Sometimes I wonder if there's any point in pile driving into some of these countries and trying to change an ingrained mind set. Terrorism is a whole different beast to your stereotypical warfare.

Some are, for sure. I wasn't bothered to go into a huge amount of detail, but it is a very complicated affair. Too clever for a lumberjack like me :001_smile:

Oh lets not get into empire bashing, we are hopefully a little more grown up.

Thats my last comment on this one :)

Didn't see this comment before, but it is bob on.