Lottery winners!

redmoosefaction

Just watched the press conference they did. Apparently they aren't going to change a thing, maybe get a new car for the wife. Is it just me getting sick of hearing this BS when someone wins big on something like lotto? This is a life changing event and something that happens to only a few. Maybe it's just me but I'd be spending up large. New houses (yep, plural) cars etc, setting up some of the family and friends and with that kind of dosh I'd be putting some towards some needy charities too. You only get one life and one chance so why not enjoy it while you can. I don't/wouldn't need all of it so it would take a while to figure out exactly who was going to get what but "maybe a new car"? get real.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was saying to my workmate that it's probably for the best we didn't win. That kind of money is only going to make your life worse. You couldn't live the same nice life with genuine friends who like you, not the money. If I did win I would probably give £150m to charities and share the rest between family and friends. Good luck to them!

I really can't bear lottery winners who just stick with their old houses and jobs! If they aren't going to change anything, give the sodding money back! It just shows a terminal lack of imagination. I was thinking about what I'd spend that kind of cash on and ended up browsing a yacht website, eventually settling on a £14m, 210ft schooner!

It's not that I don't like my life and work, but I know for certain life would be very very different with £161m in the bank!

my mates dad won 7.5m about 8 yrs ago

not a lot left now but his kids had new cars and a normal house each and a trust fund that gave them approx half a average income.

So they still had to work but could do a job they wanted rather one for money.

1 is a canoe instructor

1 is a scuba diver boat skipper

1 worked in a coffee shop

made a difference.

The only thing I got was a full duck from the chinese to share with him as previously he used to call round with a portion of fried rice as too skint for owt else

I also got to borrow his 4 motion when out of the country canoeing which was top banana:thumbup:

I really can't bear lottery winners who just stick with their old houses and jobs! If they aren't going to change anything, give the sodding money back! It just shows a terminal lack of imagination. I was thinking about what I'd spend that kind of cash on and ended up browsing a yacht website, eventually settling on a £14m, 210ft schooner!

It's not that I don't like my life and work, but I know for certain life would be very very different with £161m in the bank!

Well said J you could pretty much buy everything you ever wanted with that kind of cash and set up your entire family for life. Not change anything? my arse! imagine no restrictions anymore because you cant afford it, you want to go see some part of the world you just go. That dream house you always wanted you can have a bunch of them in different countries. Sky diving, white water rafting, dune buggying, rally driving... You name it you can now do it without worries about being able to afford it. My life would become one big holiday and a cracking holiday it would be too.