Good deed for the day

Jonesie

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just contacted 911 and reported a lighting strike/forest fire on my way home from work. With just over 200 fires still burning here in the Sunshine State and it being the 4th of July there will be lots of Fireworks going off tonight and things are still pretty dry. Fire department showed up and got the fire under control, Happy ending and Happy Independence day.

elg

My good deed was on Friday night. Was just finishing a job and away to load my tools onto the motor and glanced round to see an old bloke trying to pick up his false leg. His wife gave him a hand to pop it back on then he starts playing with his wheel chair so I ask if there ok turns out the grub screw that holds the foot plate on had come out. Seeing as it was the middle of town and no one else stopped I find my Allen keys and fix it up for him. Typical there in the first box I'd loaded up and right at the back:laugh1: gets his chair fixed and his wife reckons for my helping I'm going to heaven:ohmy::ohmy:

Potted up some plants that were going to be thrown out and gave them to the old boy who works round the yard here.

Ok they'll prob die as it was pretty hot but the thought was there!

We were stuck behind a young lad in a Saxo VTR at a notorious accident black spot on Friday. The junction is a minor road meeting a main road, which is used heavily by HGV's and motorbikes. The young lad was revving his engine to show off to his then girlfriend. He had never heard of "Think Bike!!". He looked either direction and then just pulled out infront of an unsuspecting biker on a Triumph 1400 V4. The biker was flung atleast 100 metres down the road into a large Goat Willow narrowly missing a road sign. He had extensive injuries all over (mostly broken bones and soft tissue injuries). As my dad is a paramedic and was on duty that day i called him direct and was luckily on the way to said crash. I told him what had gone down there and requested air ambulance and what to do as i waited for him. The biker had a collapsed and punctured lung which required me to do a chest drain or else he would have been in a very bad way when the ambulance arrived. My dad was very proud of me as although i only have a first aid certificate (3 day) he had shown me how to perform a chest drain. I pretty much saved the mans life. I visited the biker this evening and he is well on the road to recovery and my dad was there saying that i was the one who saved his life. He (the biker) told me that when he is well enough we shall go for a pint as a way of saying thanks. My dad has already given me an award of commendation for the job. Incase your wondering what happened to the driver of the Saxo he was only suffering from shock and was left with members of the public. His girlfriend dumped him on the spot for driving like an idiot all the way back from the shops. Good Karma i think.

If I see the oportunity to assist others I will jump at it,Done a few big & small,its one of the best uplifting feelings you can get seeing a strangers turmoil eased,even if just because you showed a bit of heart.:001_smile:

We were stuck behind a young lad in a Saxo VTR at a notorious accident black spot on Friday. The junction is a minor road meeting a main road, which is used heavily by HGV's and motorbikes. The young lad was revving his engine to show off to his then girlfriend. He had never heard of "Think Bike!!". He looked either direction and then just pulled out infront of an unsuspecting biker on a Triumph 1400 V4. The biker was flung atleast 100 metres down the road into a large Goat Willow narrowly missing a road sign. He had extensive injuries all over (mostly broken bones and soft tissue injuries). As my dad is a paramedic and was on duty that day i called him direct and was luckily on the way to said crash. I told him what had gone down there and requested air ambulance and what to do as i waited for him. The biker had a collapsed and punctured lung which required me to do a chest drain or else he would have been in a very bad way when the ambulance arrived. My dad was very proud of me as although i only have a first aid certificate (3 day) he had shown me how to perform a chest drain. I pretty much saved the mans life. I visited the biker this evening and he is well on the road to recovery and my dad was there saying that i was the one who saved his life. He (the biker) told me that when he is well enough we shall go for a pint as a way of saying thanks. My dad has already given me an award of commendation for the job. Incase your wondering what happened to the driver of the Saxo he was only suffering from shock and was left with members of the public. His girlfriend dumped him on the spot for driving like an idiot all the way back from the shops. Good Karma i think.

Ok,You win:thumbup:

Not done much today except take the wifes cousin and boyfriend on a tour around the Fife coast. I also stopped myself from smashing a kids parents face into all the broken bottles the little asswipe had thrown onto a sandy beach where people run around barefooted grrrrr. I just picked up what i found and threw it in the bin growling and cursing under my breath.