Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Mike Hill

I've driven past the depo at Lancaster so many times and always wondered who owns that. My grandad was in haulage years ago but got shafted by an insurance company after a flood in Carlisle.

What was your grandads firm mate ? Never know might have some old photos tucked away down at the yard.

You should bob in next time you do beaver, be nice to meet you mate and can stick the kettle on. It's my dad down there nowadays he isn't running Seddon Atkinsons or Scanias anymore, little bit old and not as many parts for them :laugh1: but either way, feel free to drop in and ask for me if you're worried about looking daft, just ask for me [Mike] and can park up and talk about trees and put the world to rights for a bit.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was your grandads firm mate ? Never know might have some old photos tucked away down at the yard.

You should bob in next time you do beaver, be nice to meet you mate and can stick the kettle on. It's my dad down there nowadays he isn't running Seddon Atkinsons or Scanias anymore, little bit old and not as many parts for them :laugh1: but either way, feel free to drop in and ask for me if you're worried about looking a prat, just ask for me [Mike] and can park up and talk about trees and put the world to rights for a bit.

I will do mate. Anything for a brew.

I will do mate. Anything for a brew.

Sounds good to me - never know, might end up yakking to my dad about Haulage and everyone on about the golden days :laugh1: have to try and dig up some old photos if you can, be nice to have a look at them sometime

Not sure, he's up this weekend so I'll ask him. My grandads a legend. He'll talk for hours before I get an answer to my question though.

Sounds like my Grandad too, makes spending time around older folks a lot more enjoyable when they have stories to tell like that, its the cantankerous nasty old ones I try to avoid nowadays :laugh1:

• 2 years later...

In ten years; still doing what I like, only better, and doing even less of what I don't like.

I also hope to be able to still converse with my kids in coherent, structured sentences, though this may be a pipe dream as they'll be 15, 17 & 18. I do have a bet with my son that I'll still be able to carry him on my shoulders when he's 18. The stake is only a pint of beer, though I may stop feeding him 6 months before his birthday.

As for the 2 girls. When they get to the age when the boys start sniffing, I hope I'll be even more sanguine about their choices than I am now.

Teach them well, help them to learn and make the right choices for themselves.