Business name????

simonm

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wonder if some as the company name 'Tree Butcher' with the slogan 'a cut above the rest'.

After looking at many company names, the ones that catch the eye are those that tell you what they do. This may not be in the company name per se but in the additional information supplied at the same time as the company name. A lot of companies are just the names of their founders, but if you said them most people would know what they did straight away. Therefore they must have marketed themselves well to get nationally recognised.

I dont like the name but disagree about using arborist in the title of a comanpy ... I have a mate who started up a few years before I did called his company arborcare now works all over country , council contracts and a decent little set up... I don't think all the general public are ignorant to what Arb means and the ones that do know usually have big houses with big trees that they don't want butchering I even had one customer who would accept no other quote than mine because I had arboricultral contractor on one of my adverts so imo people who want to spend money and time on trees usually have an understanding of Latin.