Cordless drills, opinions?

Beezy

Bosch Professional (NOT dom) or Kress if you can find it :sneaky2:

Correct me if im wrong but the few times iv looked at Bosch blues theyv'e only had a 10mm shank as opposed to the standard 13mm, this is a major drawback when running auger bits for gateposts etc as they are usually 13mm.

P.S edit can't remember the right name for the part so i thought 'shank' sounded about rightyou know what i mean:blushing:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP, if your not planning on doing any major drilling operations then i doubt you'd want to spend the money that the top line makitas command, id suggest the hitachi 18v with 2 1.5batteries, I have had this model for two years used in the rain and mud and almost solely used for augering out gate fittings which is hard on the drill, for the 99quid its worth its weight in gold and wouldn't hesitate buying another.

Correct me if im wrong but the few times iv looked at Bosch blues theyv'e only had a 10mm shank as opposed to the standard 13mm, this is a major drawback when running auger bits for gateposts etc as they are usually 13mm.

P.S edit can't remember the right name for the part so i thought 'shank' sounded about rightyou know what i mean:blushing:

Think the word you're searching for is 'chuck'

Thanks for all the replies, think it will be the Makita, (probably the drill and the impact driver) I've used my mates a couple of times and they seem to be a fairly good tool, but wasn't sure about how tough they were over a couple of years, as I said my Milwaukee has been going for 10 years, eaten a few batteries in that time but it's always kept going. Tried it again today and just got smoke, stripped it down and it's not too pretty inside!

Also killed my Skil belt sander today, as they say "it never rains but it pours"

18V Makita 3Amps here as well. Years of tough service. Drills, circular saw, torch and DAB radio. Work has a grinder, reciprocating saw and impact driver. Can't fault them.

I would watch the size of the batteries as i've seen alot of drill kits with 1.5amp batteries instead of the 3amp. Chargers are quick.