Singed and shook up

Yeti

same here i had a incident a few years picked up a can of diesel to start a fire boom the can had petrol in it aswell couldnt smell it only the derve, burnt hands and face and had to roll on flool to put my self out luckly didnt get any scars found out it was a can that had been drained out a car that had petrol put in it by mistake. would never use petrol as a rule

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I once used an old tin 25ltre oil drum to get a fire going, let some petrol mix with remains of oil and was getting the last few drops out onto the tiny flames in a soaking wet heap.

the flames picked up and i kept draining the last drops out with the can upside down in my hands, dripping. The flames picked up a little the BANG, I wasnt sure what had happened for a moment, then saw a dish shaped can top on the floor, I looked around for the can, looked around, looked around, looked at me mate and shrugged my shoulders only to see it land behind him!

Had my arms not been at full stretch and the can under my chin i suspect i would be minus a jaw bone.

Glad it wasn't any more serious and that it doesn't sound as if you done any permanent damage to yourself. Ya silly bugger!

I grew up with two older brothers and learnt by proxy about the "fun" of playing with fires and petrol.

we are taught to light fires at college with a coke can full of petrol soaked sawdust

however i have set myself on fire many a time playing with petrol

i find the best stuff to poor on an already going fire chainoil as it takes more to ignite and lasts longer

I suspect everyone who's ever been involved with lighting bonfires will have done this at least once, I know I have. The crazy thing is it never ever works! The petrol just burns off and leaves a load of blackened branches behind.

Glad you're ok, not everyone is so lucky.