Stein Arbor-trolley arrived

Gareth Dalzell

Thanks for the reply Reg.

The price; I'm not complaining. No-one held a gun to my head and said 'buy it': I chose to so no grumbles from me.

The play in the drawbar: as long as it's a known feature, catered for at the design stage then fair enough. I wasn't too bothered, just surprised.

The handlebars; your description of the trolley's use seems to assume very short journeys only and yes, I'd worked out the trick of loading a big log - easy peasy!

I spent Sunday moving a heap of laurel logs 200 yards across good ground, some flat, some gently sloping. I could easily have balanced the trolley if towing with both hands. There are going to be plenty of other jobs too with some distance involved and the action I'd hoped to perform was just like a parent towing their kid on a sledge, though of course there's no balance issue there, but there won't be much of one with a couple of hundredweight of leyland brush either.

And yes, my back isn't good but I get the impression that that applies to four out of five folk on here!

Hey ho; it's a great invention, I don't regret buying it and I wish you all the best with it and your upcoming venture.

Cheers,

Jon

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with Nepia i am in agreement it is a good product, i also have the dual which is fantastic and have chatted to Reg at many shows about either product and again no one forced me to buy them. The play in the handle will possibly not amount to much in the environment it will be used ie being pulled by hand. Mild steel will have minimal wear over time and possible the end tube may flute slightly, this is really just providing some feedback on the design and the intended use. I already have 3 jobs where it will save time and effort for me. As Reg has mentioned the original design would of been a two piece but now designed for the packaging of the product it has more linkages. Surely though the Mk2 (one day) might take some of the slack out of the handle as it just feels like too much play. Maybe a vertical pin would solve this dilemma.

Thanks for the reply Reg.

The price; I'm not complaining. No-one held a gun to my head and said 'buy it': I chose to so no grumbles from me.

The play in the drawbar: as long as it's a known feature, catered for at the design stage then fair enough. I wasn't too bothered, just surprised.

The handlebars; your description of the trolley's use seems to assume very short journeys only and yes, I'd worked out the trick of loading a big log - easy peasy!

I spent Sunday moving a heap of laurel logs 200 yards across good ground, some flat, some gently sloping. I could easily have balanced the trolley if towing with both hands. There are going to be plenty of other jobs too with some distance involved and the action I'd hoped to perform was just like a parent towing their kid on a sledge, though of course there's no balance issue there, but there won't be much of one with a couple of hundredweight of leyland brush either.

And yes, my back isn't good but I get the impression that that applies to four out of five folk on here!

Hey ho; it's a great invention, I don't regret buying it and I wish you all the best with it and your upcoming venture.

Cheers,

Jon

No problem Jon, I'm sorry to hear your back gives you grief. For forward pulling brush, perhaps try this (video) technique - replace the handle with a rope and then wrap the rope around the brush to create some lift. You can load much more and longer peices this way also, because you dont need to hold the handle. Just got to remember to weight the trolley a little further forward than normal. Note that the guy in the video is pretty average build and 54 years old.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djXNzLekJec]YouTube - Stein Arbor trolley - pulling brush[/ame]

Theocus, can i suggest you simply pick up the telephone and talk with us first to discuss this issue pior to airing your option without having discussed and being explained the facts as to why there is some play.

People can express an opinion on a product anywhere they choose to do so regardless of wether they have contacted the maker/dealer previously.

No problem Jon, I'm sorry to hear your back gives you grief. For forward pulling brush, perhaps try this (video) technique - replace the handle with a rope and then wrap the rope around the brush to create some lift. You can load much more and longer peices this way also, because you dont need to hold the handle. Just got to remember to weight the trolley a little further forward than normal. Note that the guy in the video is pretty average build and 54 years old.

Like it - cheers. FWIW I'm average build and nigh on 51!

Jon

It's ok I suppose , it's like a gloryfied wheel barrow , but £400 is a bit much for some steel and 2 wheel barrow wheels ,and there are others on the Market like tube trolly which are cheaper ,, lol

there will allways be something cheaper outthere it is heavey duty, well made piece of kit also made in uk got to be worth supporting..... :thumbup1:

It's ok I suppose , it's like a gloryfied wheel barrow , but £400 is a bit much for some steel and 2 wheel barrow wheels ,and there are others on the Market like tube trolly which are cheaper ,, lol

Are you speaking from personal experience in this sort of thing Squirrel? Did you read the whole thread through? or the initial Arbor trolley thread? Please explain. Thanks in advance