Stein Arbor-trolley arrived

Gareth Dalzell

It's ok I suppose , it's like a gloryfied wheel barrow , but £400 is a bit much for some steel and 2 wheel barrow wheels ,and there are others on the Market like tube trolly which are cheaper ,, lol

Yeah but there are also cheaper chainsaws out there, but would you run your company on a Spear and Jackson chainsaw. Differance in quality = differance in price.:001_smile:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To ensure the strength of this product and give it a 500kg payload we opted to use heavier duty box section than normal. This box section has a wall thickness of over 3mm, not cheap 1mm walled box section like mass produced products from the far east. This box section adds a premium to the overall cost.

Produced in the UK supporting UK Manufacturing.

arbor_trolley_metal.jpg.eee416311509d75e65ab9aceaa01e714.jpg

It's ok I suppose , it's like a gloryfied wheel barrow , but £400 is a bit much for some steel and 2 wheel barrow wheels ,and there are others on the Market like tube trolly which are cheaper ,, lol

i didnt realise that the tube trolly was designed and built for use in the arboricultural industry:sneaky2:

you learn something new every day

How about giving various outlets up and down the country a demo model for people to try before they buy?

Quick spin up to Jonesies (for me that is), pick it up, use it, return it and then decide if I want one or not.

Great idea Mick, but it would be upto the individual dealers who are selling them to decide this one. Unfortunatly at the moment they are in short supply and customers who have them on backorder must take priority on delivery.

Forgot to add in my previous post that the Box Section used in the main body of the Arbor-Trolley is using 4mm+ walled box.

We run a good tight land based business and we like to think that we are pretty well "tooled-up". We purchase products ranging in price from 25pence to £25k every year. We research each product with the same ensuthism and eagerness to ensure we have the correct one.

The Arbor Trolley that we have is fit for purpose, performs above expectation and for those who are responsible for making purchasing decisions represents a realistic price for a piece of kit that will save labour and more importantly manual handling.

The product as we see it has been developed from experience and brought to market which is no easy task. It is British built which in our sector is a rarity.

The components of the trolley are not "run of the mill" spec as has been pointed out.

Could I have designed, developed, manufactured, painted and assembled the same spec of prodcut for the same money - honestly.........No I've got better things to do with may time which are more profitable and which I can gurantee a satisfactory result at the end of.

I could probably sing most of the songs that I like in the charts myself - but I perfer to buy the CD and have them sung properly:001_smile:

i have no doubt that this product even though expensive would earn its keep in time saved and effort on a lot of jobs. i also know that squirrel has seen/used this product so is not just an uninformed comment, but will let him fight his own corner lol

also it has to be said that this for what it is must be classed as a premium/professional product at £400, a lot more than a bog standard wheel barrow. so say you bought a brand new stihl/husky saw and the handle was floppy would you be impressed with the quality?

As it has been said it may not be a structural weakness in the product but in the same time it aint great either is it!!

Yes a good bit of kit ,but, it's built in Britain ,as the price shows , Iv used the double drum stien lowering system , awesome bit of kit !!!! Can't falt it atall, but the arbor trolly needs a bit more work , as in the finished product, a little bit of fettling and it may be in the same bracket as the double drum ,? Question is this , positive , or negative, feed back

My take on the price. The trolley will last me at least 10 years and almost certainly longer. That works out as a capital investment of £40 a year to save miles of dragging and hence hours of time and loads of grief to my ageing body. £40 is also the cost of one visit to the chiropracter, which happens every six weeks.

As an aside the trolley will also see use moving billets, tools, probably furniture and large plant pots - in fact anything heavy that needs manually moving from A to B.

The difference between an 'expensive' £40 p.a. and a ?reasonable £25 p.a. isn't worth consideration given the benefits.

Just my take. Of course I may not be here in 10 years in which case it will all have been an expensive mistake! Boogga.