New stihl sharpener

bob

Perhaps the Stihl product development guy should look at making a decent bar cover for a big saw.

As soon as I cut my fingers when one of their two-piece bits of plastic crap falls to pieces again I intend to sue them for every penny.

Mainly for ruining my sex life.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like another nifty gadget i shall buy and put in chainsaw box and never use again. It does look very useful though especially for the bigger chains.

Perhaps the Stihl product development guy should look at making a decent bar cover for a big saw.

As soon as I cut my fingers when one of their two-piece bits of plastic crap falls to pieces again I intend to sue them for every penny.

How hard is it to make a 48" bit of plastic.

That has got to cost literally pennies to manufacture!

£30 odd quid! bloody hell!

Like all chainsaw/arb kit, massivley over priced in comparrison to kit used in other industries.

How much does a plumber pay for a pair of stilsons?

How much does a sparky pay for a screwdriver?

How much does a builder pay for a bucket or a trowel?

Like all chainsaw/arb kit, massivley over priced in comparrison to kit used in other industries.

How much does a builder pay for a bucket or a trowel?

Difference those things are manufactured by the millions, stihl expensive thou.

How much does a builder pay for a trowel?

I agree. Just to be pedantic though.......:biggrin:

A decent trowel made by marshalltown (the stihl/ husky of trowels) will retail in most outlets for around £40 for a standard brick trowel

I would agree wholeheartedly with this.... how difficult can it be to make a bar cover that actually fits the bar?

Instead of supplying bars in cardboard sleeves on the shelf, sell them in plastic scabbards and charge an extra £5 for them, every time you buy a bar you have a cover that fits and for the same cost/packaging as the current cardboard packaging.

I've lost count of the ammount of times i've cut my fingers trying to get the scabbard onto my 880!