T.h tree services videos

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you lads need better boots and better spikes.

I've been using spikes for many hours a day several times per week for 20 years, with no ill effects and even after a full day on spikes my feet feel fine.

Have to agree. I find my spikes comfy and don't notice there on. I think it's having the right combination boots/ straps etc

A small fell using rigging and utilising the tree, please have a look enjoy, i welcome the abuse that may come lol but its also useful finding out others ways of doing the same work since i can incorporate it into my own style of climbing and hopefully others have learnt a few clever ways i do stuff :biggrin:

Subscribe to my channel to get auto updates of what we do :001_tongue:

That's not rigging fella, that's using a rope to pull the tree to bits. Also, when you say "professionals mate" at around 13-16 second point in your video, why is it that at the limb that comes off has a great big foot long tear as it breaks off? That's not professionalism, that's bad cutting and bad rigging. You had no friction device set up at the bottom of the tree so when you joke, "Arron went for a ride", that would be the reason why. Also I thought the point of lowering in such a small space is to avoid hitting and getting debris on the targets below. Seems like you used the garage roof for stacking brush. Have you done your 41 ticket? Because no where was I taught to use tiny stubs as natural crotches and why turn the rope towards the stem? You would be the arborist we all drive past and shake our heads at. In my opinion of course. [ATTACH]120002[/ATTACH] where's the use of the latest technology? No snatch blocks, no proper use of rigging knots (no knots anywhere from what I saw, just a rope wrapped round and the krabed on itself), no pulleys, no friction device and also the salt in th me wound is using the ladders... I'm gna guess you don't own a pair of gaffs.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Edited by cheesmanator

That's not rigging fella, that's using a rope to pull the tree to bits. Also, when you say "professionals mate" at around 13-16 second point in your video, why is it that at the limb that comes off has a great big foot long tear as it breaks off? That's not professionalism, that's bad cutting and bad rigging. You had no friction device set up at the bottom of the tree so when you joke, "Arron went for a ride", that would be the reason why. Also I thought the point of lowering in such a small space is to avoid hitting and getting debris on the targets below. Seems like you used the garage roof for stacking brush. Have you done your 41 ticket? Because no where was I taught to use tiny stubs as natural crotches and why turn the rope towards the stem? You would be the arborist we all drive past and shake our heads at. In my opinion of course. [ATTACH]120002[/ATTACH] where's the use of the latest technology? No snatch blocks, no proper use of rigging knots (no knots anywhere from what I saw, just a rope wrapped round and the krabed on itself), no pulleys, no friction device and also the salt in th me wound is using the ladders... I'm gna guess you don't own a pair of gaffs.

Think you would be shaking your head at alot of people then mate. Looks like the job got done and presume nothing broken. I've seen worse and done worse as far as rigging goes didn't look a massive tree and certainly doesn't look like anything would of gone wrong Woth the rigging

I do think its good to see others point of view and see how they do things and it is good that you put an honest video up of your days work.

I cannot really see too much wrong, so he is using natural crotches, so what?

The branch rips out leaving a tear, big deal! Using small stubs as lowering points and for friction, do it all the time.

In conclusion, not sure I would post it but not really anything to get one's knickers in a twist about.

I cannot really see too much wrong, so he is using natural crotches, so what?

The branch rips out leaving a tear, big deal! Using small stubs as lowering points and for friction, do it all the time.

In conclusion, not sure I would post it but not really anything to get one's knickers in a twist about.

:thumbup::001_cool: