T.h tree services videos

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 3-6 months to come back after allowing the ground to settle straight from the SE:) and forgive the term pollard many organisations list this type of work differently i dont think your being pedantic more informative.

Regarding helmets ill make em suck it up and stick it on for future videos, and another point to my college pointing out about using our gopro, because of this toy i am learning other peoples opinions on my climbing and don't think im not learning :P

It mystifies me that you don't wear spikes for the take down, makes it so much easier and safer? Also no flip line/strop just the lock jack, your saw looks to come very close at times. It's easy for people to criticise others but I think people on here are trying to offer advice, you say your at college, is it an Arb college? What do your tutors think of your technique?

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

S

Hi 3-6 months to come back after allowing the ground to settle straight from the SE:) and forgive the term pollard many organisations list this type of work differently i dont think your being pedantic more informative.

Regarding helmets ill make em suck it up and stick it on for future videos, and another point to my college pointing out about using our gopro, because of this toy i am learning other peoples opinions on my climbing and don't think im not learning :P

Glad you feel that way.as I'm sure you're aware,so few clients have much of an idea about trees..its good to give them the right information,and I believe that's an important part of being an arborist.every little helps.

It mystifies me that you don't wear spikes for the take down, makes it so much easier and safer? Also no flip line/strop just the lock jack, your saw looks to come very close at times. It's easy for people to criticise others but I think people on here are trying to offer advice, you say your at college, is it an Arb college? What do your tutors think of your technique?

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

Not sure who is at college but its not me :D maybe many years ago. Were all critiquing each other, but what works for one won't work for another, my opinion on spikes is they are dangerous and should only be used when no other means are available, I think excessive use of spikes is bad practice but that's just my opinion.

And I use a petzl grillion secondary line with a steel core strop for spiking, but in such a small tree the grillion was not aiding me and at 10ft high my main line was more than enough :)