T.h tree services videos

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

I dont use a lowering device to lower 50kg pieces when a pully and groundsmen is more than adequete, regarding the limb that i allowed to snap is simple to dangerous to spike in the wind, to two ropes and a slow back cut ensured a precise result.

regarding using the tree when you dont have a high anchor availible any where near the limb how would you do it ?. never have a damaged anything ill be the tree surgeon earning money you drive past becuase you have no work lmao.

of course we used the roof the limbs could not be lowered past without hitting the roof.

what do you mean ladders haha sorry how you and your spikes get you over a garage o you fly.

i expect this bollox on arbtalk now, alot of talkers !. i dont have accidents, never broken a thing every customer i have ever has is always very happy i always get paid ill always win work over muppets k sara !

use of rigging knots haha half hitch and a steel krab what are you

on with a 3 ton pulley ?. while your setting up

over kill i get the job end of !.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot really see too much wrong, so he is using natural crotches, so what?

The branch rips out leaving a tear, big deal! Using small stubs as lowering points and for friction, do it all the time.

In conclusion, not sure I would post it but not really anything to get one's knickers in a twist about.

I quite agree, although the addition of a friction device may have aided the removal, at the end of the day the tree is down and it looked a tricky spot given the garages.

I agree a little slower and the addition of a snatch block here and a friction device there would have made it a neater and safer job but the tree is down.

:001_smile:

Hi 3-6 months to come back after allowing the ground to settle straight from the SE:) and forgive the term pollard many organisations list this type of work differently i dont think your being pedantic more informative.

Regarding helmets ill make em suck it up and stick it on for future videos, and another point to my college pointing out about using our gopro, because of this toy i am learning other peoples opinions on my climbing and don't think im not learning :P

Again please don't think I am been picky but why would you make em suck it up and wear helmets for future videos.

Either you think they should wear helmets or not.

At some point try to work with a guy who CAN use spikes and you will be amazed how much faster and more efficient he will be and what is more important safer as work positioning is so much better.

Please note I have not watched your videos just read some of the posts.

Don't be put off posting vids as I now think when you watch your own vids you will understand more about what they mean and how they can be interpreted.

Enjoy

Bob

Again please don't think I am been picky but why would you make em suck it up and wear helmets for future videos.

Either you think they should wear helmets or not.

At some point try to work with a guy who CAN use spikes and you will be amazed how much faster and more efficient he will be and what is more important safer as work positioning is so much better.

Please note I have not watched your videos just read some of the posts.

Don't be put off posting vids as I now think when you watch your own vids you will understand more about what they mean and how they can be interpreted.

Enjoy

Bob

I don't bob lol they always wear their helmets it was a joke now and again a lid will fall off and they may take 5 minutes to put it back on that should cover that :)

I always use spikes very well to, ill post a vid soon :) but if I don't need them I won't use them because there are an added danger IMO. I just like climbing more without them I fatigue less all personal tho.

I can understand some of the points, but some are sad that people think in a type of way, re cs41 what part of the course taught you to remove trees growing through power and phone lines and what part taught you about lowering across roofs and garages and conservators because they never taught me that only blocking down a piddle of a tree ?. I use all methods and combine to get the job done safe and we have in stock the best equipment available but sometimes all you need is the simple stuff no need to over complicate little jobs.

Might I ad I undertake trees that other tree surgeons turn down and have a complete success rate, it can't all be luck :D I may have a unique method but I'm sure they are no qualifications for lowering over said objects its an on the job experience and I have 10 solid years of that vs the hour or so cs41 course with the three days training.

But rather than get my back up I like the discussion this post has generated, some have defended me thanks boys :D some have IMO talked a lot of Bollox but we can all agree we all have different ways of doing things and we all think ours is the best !

:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

I personally wouldnt work how you do, but i like watching your vids, i certainly wouldnt say your doing anything dangerous its just rough and ready and getting the job done i cant knock it at all. Keep up the good work :thumbup1:

Appreciate that mate i have watched some of your channel well done on the views :thumbup1: i like your climbing but similar its not how i would do it. But same to you looks like you have a cool little biz running :thumbup1:.

The only time id say someone's climbing is bad is if they injured themselves,someone or something otherwise criticism is just ignorant people trying to force their way of doing things onto others and that's not abit of me.

I have seen some climbers with tickets galore get pinned against trees for using to many ropes and overdoing it. I also know of some of the most qualified companies tree surgeons falling out of trees cutting there life lines, no one in my company has ever had an injury an i will strive to maintain that.

But its all good chaps without discussion we learn nothing ! :thumbup:

I think on spikes your wrong, a good, sharp and more importantly correctly fitted set are fine. As for horrific to wear try some of my racing ones, they will make any set feel like you have cushions around your legs.

Spikes save a lot of time and allow great work positioning where a lot of trees might not have a foot hold. It also reduces the risk of rigging getting caught up in stubs. Just my input nothing more.

I like you vids, allways enjoy watching them. dont understand why people (arbtalk) in general have to criticise just because its not the way they would do the job... you could have ten people take down one tree and i bet no one would do it the same way!

sorry rant over ahaha

keep posting! Ollie

That's not rigging fella, that's using a rope to pull the tree to bits. Also, when you say "professionals mate" at around 13-16 second point in your video, why is it that at the limb that comes off has a great big foot long tear as it breaks off? That's not professionalism, that's bad cutting and bad rigging. You had no friction device set up at the bottom of the tree so when you joke, "Arron went for a ride", that would be the reason why. Also I thought the point of lowering in such a small space is to avoid hitting and getting debris on the targets below. Seems like you used the garage roof for stacking brush. Have you done your 41 ticket? Because no where was I taught to use tiny stubs as natural crotches and why turn the rope towards the stem? You would be the arborist we all drive past and shake our heads at. In my opinion of course. [ATTACH]120002[/ATTACH] where's the use of the latest technology? No snatch blocks, no proper use of rigging knots (no knots anywhere from what I saw, just a rope wrapped round and the krabed on itself), no pulleys, no friction device and also the salt in th me wound is using the ladders... I'm gna guess you don't own a pair of gaffs.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Many, many lol's. classic Cheesmanator, go get him tiger. I have to concede that your rigging is pretty epic these days, we smashed that Chesnut without smashing anything else. Although I'm still a fan of knot less rigging, I find it oh so more peaceful. Lets practice our eye rolling tomorrow, you'll probably be best as your glasses make your eyes look really big haha!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I like you vids, allways enjoy watching them. dont understand why people (arbtalk) in general have to criticise just because its not the way they would do the job... you could have ten people take down one tree and i bet no one would do it the same way!

sorry rant over ahaha

keep posting! Ollie

Appreciate that mate, you know what tree surgeons are like ! love to bitch :thumbup: I'm left handed so technically saws are right handed ? I better stick to gardening :laugh1:

next week I got a lovey great tree to fell ill be using the spikes, the bollard, and all manor of lowering gadgetry, might even use two hands on the saw :001_tt2:

So subscribe to my channel guys to check it out gonna make this one by the book :sneaky2: