ArbTalk CENSORSHIP?

aworldoftrees

ArbTalk CENSORSHIP?

On the thread started by Colin Bashford promoting his attempts to get elected as ISA President (that was recently taken down by Arbtalk) somebody asked Colin about the article about ISA and the squandering of ISA UK+I Chapter funds.

When that question was sidestepped by Colin, I decided to put the record straight by saying this:-

"I resigned on the grounds that Colin Bashford had mislead the Board that lost the chapter approx £3000.00...........and also stated the Board of Directors had coursed the chapter to take on fines from companies house for late returns of record not once but twice.

That prompted Colin to suggest that he thought that my statement was slanderous and that he would reply via his legal representative. To date, no such communication has been received.

Anyway, after some further highly revealing posts that thread was removed which prompts the legitimate question "does this constitute Arbtalk censorship"?

As a further question, is the way that the BoD (of the ISA UK+I Chapter) run the Chapter and how key individuals act (supposedly on behalf of the Members), of public interest?

Buzz hit the nail on the head, and I would only add that if you wish to air your dirty linen in public may I suggest you start your own blog and not try and hijack this forum for your own purposes.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I slightly disagree. I have no interest in the ISA presidency, apart from the fact that Mr Bashford felt that Arbtalk was a suitable place to drum up support for his desire to be ISA president.

Now being that this is a public forum, it seems only fair that in addition to support, he should also face questions from people who are unsure of his suitability. In the past, Colin has faced a few sticky questions on this board, and has answered them to the satisfaction of the members.

This is one of the best strengths of a forum like Arbtalk - its Public, and the people supposedly represented by the ISA, AA, ICF etc are the ones that make this place what it is.

So to the guys who say ' cant be bothered, dont give a toss', remember that there are members who do care, and like the opportunity Arbtalk gives them to question the people in 'authority'.

As to Mr 'World of trees's' initial post, I need nothing to add to Tony's post.

You would get further with a polite request than by shouting about censorship.

Ed, I don't think there would be any way for Colin to have refuted the allegations. He could not really post the ISA accounts or the minuets from the meetings.

It is very easy to throw around allegations and very hard for the accused to defend themselves,IMO.

Censorship! I quess Steve has censored this argument,by deleting the thread. I would have a gripe Andy if your posts on the subject in question had been deleted or edited and Colins left for all to read or vice versa.Top marks to Steve for running a neutral and independant site. Long live censorship!

IMO and i'm sure the majority of members on here think the same,we click on to Arbtalk in our own time to chill out and read about the strange proffesion we have some how managed to end up in. We come here we end up making a few friends along the way, and in general have a laugh and whinge etc etc

This really isn't the place to hangout your dirty laundry, ''personal issues'' ,should be dealt with in a personal and proffesional manner, not here a public forum! i'm sure this site wasn't designed to be a platform to voice personal disagreements.