Log theft caught red handed

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like your typical gamekeeper turned poacher!!! There's plenty round here they always know where you are!

I hope you get him Dean.My cord is stacked on a concrete pad 1/2 a mile down a gated single track least a mile from the nearest house.Theres only one way in and one way out but still they blinkin nick it.

As its a dead end,if caught they cant drive out,they must realise they'd be trapped but still dare do it.

These rats are the 2 legged variety that only come out at night,it'll be a long time before they load up again if i catch them.

Purchase a paintball machine gun (legal) and hide between the ISO's and have some fun when he arrives. Do erect "Private Land" "Keep Out" signs before hand.

Owning a paintball gun is legal, shooting someone with it could get you nicked for assault and no end of signs will get you out of that one.

Forget the sign and buy a balaclava

Owning a paintball gun is legal, shooting someone with it could get you nicked for assault and no end of signs will get you out of that one.

Forget the sign and buy a balaclava

I have talked about this in depth with the local Police and one of the main issues is proving someone has been on the land and stealing wood. (hence using the simple effective paintball marking methods on wood/vehicles/peoples bodies which I would not be done for I am told) There are expensive DNA methods which do the same but need to be close to a person to work and these involve a risk of a serious direct conflict. (need to be level headed and not throw a wobble)

Been told hiding behind the wood stacks with a baseball bat as not legal and to expect the thieves at night to be tooled up and willing to use force. (I have chased and caught a thief at 3.10am on site and the person complained to the local Police when they arrived about gravel rash on the face and was told should have stopped when told to do so). Reasonable force is allowed to protect person and property!

There are certain methods I would like to use but like the freedom I have but these people are mugging small business all the time.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

I have talked about this in depth with the local Police and one of the main issues is proving someone has been on the land and stealing wood. (hence using the simple effective paintball marking methods on wood/vehicles/peoples bodies which I would not be done for I am told) There are expensive DNA methods which do the same but need to be close to a person to work and these involve a risk of a serious direct conflict. (need to be level headed and not throw a wobble)

Been told hiding behind the wood stacks with a baseball bat as not legal and to expect the thieves at night to be tooled up and willing to use force. (I have chased and caught a thief at 3.10am on site and the person complained to the local Police when they arrived about gravel rash on the face and was told should have stopped when told to do so). Reasonable force is allowed to protect person and property!

There are certain methods I would like to use but like the freedom I have but these people are mugging small business all the time.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

No it isn’t. You can use reasonable force to protect yourself or others but not property.

As far as tagging someone with a paintball gun goes, it simply wouldn’t hold up. Paint balls are commercially available and the scrotes brief would simply argue that he cam upon the paint elsewhere.

Even if your paint was uniquely traceable you still can’t use a paint ball gun without the risk of the scrote bringing an action against you.

You can use reasonable force to protect yourself but not property.

I have checked with friends in the legal trade and the Police again and will state the following which should help those unfortunate to have thieves stealing from them. One of the main reasons we decided to move the business was because of issues.:thumbdown:

Common and Criminal Laws.

The ownership and possession of property gives a legal right to defend that including reasonable physical restraint in the circumstances. :thumbup:

A person may use reasonable force to prevent crime and effecting/assisting lawful arrest of offenders including "citizens arrest".

All persons in the UK have the legal right to defend property against criminal attack including possession of land.:thumbup:

These are facts given to me on an E-mail and we have used various methods to stop thieves and will continue to do so.

Who on the forum would allow someone to take a chainsaw from a vehicle? (that is classed as property the same as a home is in law)