MS200 One Handed follow on poll

RobArb

What should/can we do about one handed top handled saw use?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. What should/can we do about one handed top handled saw use?

• should one handed use be allowed
    • should one handed use be banned
    • should one handed use be covered more via training in Cs39 (like a pass plus)
    • should one handed use have its own CS module
    • should work positioning be taught to a specified level in more depth on Cs39
    • should cs39 be longer than a 3 day course
    • should top handles only be sold to people carrying a possible pass plus cert
    • should cutting and holding be common practice
    • should cutting and holding be banned
    • other comments in thread please

I have cut one handed for 24 years, i could not tip reduce a tree without the use of a single, SINGLE handed saw!

Imagine a fine laced beech, tipping these out involves keeping your wieght down the thin branches and reaching for the furthest points, impossible any other non mewp way.

wheres the danger at full reach?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have cut one handed for 24 years, i could not tip reduce a tree without the use of a single, SINGLE handed saw!

Imagine a fine laced beech, tipping these out involves keeping your wieght down the thin branches and reaching for the furthest points, impossible any other non mewp way.

wheres the danger at full reach?

Pole pruners/loppers?

our chaps do it oftern

my thoughts for what their worth-

firstly i want to say that yes i have (today inc) used a saw one handed, but cards on the table here now, how many times do we do it just because we cant be bothered to re adjust our postion (i'm guilty of this) or because we cant be bothered to use the silky.

yes there is a time and place for using 1 handed but personally i think we should all sit back and think a bit more about the number of times we do/ have done it when we didnt need to just because its a bit quicker or easier and you'll be suprised how many times we been "naughty" but have got away with it. its the same with a lot of other things we do, we keep doing it BECAUSE we've got away with it, but sooner or later someone gets caught doing it, and its normally their family who suffer.

dont want to rant and i hope this makes sense, i just dont want to hear of people geting hurt, leaving a mrs a kids behind just because they couldnt be bothered to re adjust their position