The job I didn't get

jacjak

i met one of them guys doing it for the wood with a trailer on his vw estate and a saw running with old sump oil, he told me he says a price and when they ask if he is insured he prices up the cost of the shed and fence in his head and adds that to the price, he says they usually go for the first price not his special 'insured' price.. foolproof really eh?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my post was not aimed at yo and i can see where you are comming from , it happen to us all - you look at a decent job , give advice and get good feedback from the customer and its looking like the job is yours , then you drive past a ew weeks later and it been done !!! never a good feeling but hey look on the bright side - this week / next week or even next month you may well do the same to another firm . keep your chin up :thumbup:

You think thats bad.

Last year priced a job tree was in a conservation area,

it would have been best part of a day to do logs and chip away.

Quoted £475,

Tree Officer quoted against me £270 how can he do that then?

Now that stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

I know two guys round by me that do this. One will clear fell any trees as long as he can have the wood also he goes round, with permission mind you, picking up all the fallen trees/limbs as well. The other gut that i personally know climbs and drops branches for farmers. All crown lifting and hanging branches over fields and roads!! (No certificates, no insurance and as yet no accidents!!)

Implications you ask? The land owner has a responsibility to ensure that these people have the correct insurance the correct certificates. If there was an accident the people involved would be responsible as they were the ones doing the work but secondly and most importantly the land owner has a duty of care to ensure that these people know what they are doing and the only was is certification as far as the HSE are concerned, so for those that know great guys with no certificates when push comes to shove you may have to be able to prove that you know what you're doing!!